• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker PDF links working from one PDF to another, but one file closes

Participant ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finally created two PDFs where one has links the open topics in another.  However, when clicking the link in PDF A, it does hyperlink to the topic in PDF B, but PDF A then closes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

This is usually an Acrobat viewer setting; for example, here is the setting in Acrobat Pro. You can't control these settings from FrameMaker.

frameexpert_0-1627331252865.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is usually an Acrobat viewer setting; for example, here is the setting in Acrobat Pro. You can't control these settings from FrameMaker.

frameexpert_0-1627331252865.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick!  I resolved this one.  In addition to the checkbox displayed in your screenshot, I also had to change the execution of each individual link to "New Window." I guess the only question yet to resolve is how to maintain the relative paths so that SharePoint stores the relative path and maintains the PDF linking.  I have found that our company is using Sharepoint as the repository to publish all files to the internal network.  I think this last one is going to be a question for the folks setting up Sharepoint and delivery of these PDFs to the network.  It's probably an Adobe question.

I did get everything else working well, so thanks for your patience, assistance, and expertise.  You have been a great help!

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines