Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to change the screen name?

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I noticed a typo in my screen name and would like to change it (it bugs me). But the Edit Profile page does not let me do that one thing.

So is my only option to create a new user account? Seems like an oversight in the design of the UI.

Yours,

Michael F

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty certain this can only by done by a forum administrator from Adobe, not by any of the individual forum hosts such as on this FM forum.

This question comes up occasionally and is most likely answered in the Forum Comments section, here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

Sheila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is my only option [for changing the forum screen name] to create a new user account?

It could be. Changing the name would require checking for conflicts with existing names. It's possible that the logic for that only resides in the create-new-account code path.

And before you try create-new, have a spare email account handy. It's also possible that the system will tell you that there already is a user with that address, and refuse to create-new. So create-new using yourname@junkemail.net, and then change the email address back later.

Of course, you may also not be able to change the email address back until you delete the existing account. I have no idea how to do that.

Wait for further responses before heading into the Fire Swamp.

______

Catch 22, 23, 24 and counting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found the answer in the Forum FAQ section, posted by Adobe-Admin on Apr. 4, 2009. After you log in, start at the "Welcome, [yourname]" at the top right of the window.

==============================

Your name comes from your Adobe ID  membership at Adobe.com. It is not part of the Forum. So you need to go  to your Adobe membership to change it.

At the very  top of the page,  click on “Your account”. Under “Account Information”,  click on the “Edit Your  Account Information” link. Edit the desired  information on this page and click  “Update”. The next time you sign  into the Forums your name will be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... click  “Update”. The next time you sign  into the Forums your name will be updated.

If you have already done both, it didn't work, instantly, anyway.

The UID is still missing the "i" (presuming that was the typo).

There's also the possibility that pre-existing articles and responses don't get the altered ID revised.

However it works (assuming it does), thanks for chasing down the answer and running the experiment. If search ever gets fixed, I'm sure that future users will be taking advantage of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed these instructions as well, and was able to change my ADOBE name. But it seems my FORUMS name is still the same. I've logged out/in several times.

Darn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh. Duh. There it is ! I guess it takes mroe than signing out/in. I guess it takes a little bit of time too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I logged out and logged in and magically all my entries changed to my new screen name (which took a while to determine since there are so many people out there named Michael).

Yours,

Michael F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines