How to control thickness of overline?

Participant ,
Jun 08, 2008 Jun 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Century Gothic with an overline for heading1. The line is nice and thick. However, if I try Helvetica LT (purchased from Linotype), the overline is much thinner, and a little closer to the top of the characters. Is there any way I can control the line thickness? The Help tells me how to turn it on and off, and that I can't control the element in equations, but I'm hoping there's a trick. ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2008 Jun 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack...

Place your cursor in the Heading 1 paragraph. Then open the Paragraph Designer, select the Advanced tab and take note of the name of the line in the Frame Above Pgf: window at the bottom of the window.

Go to View > Reference Pages and find the page where that line appears. Right-click on the line to select it, choose Object Properties from the context-sensitive menu and modify the line width as desired. Click the Set button to save the change.

Dennis...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2008 Jun 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dennis, thanks for your reply. I see what you mean, but I am looking to have the overscore above the text only. The method you describe seems to be for a full width line that does not take into account the characters, which is not what I want. I know that I can change the width and height of the line, but I want it to appear only above the words. Please let me know if I am misreading you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack...

No, you are not misreading me. I misread you. I thought it strange that the line thickness would change with the choice of fonts; I should have read between the lines (pun intended). I am not aware of any way to modify the overline function you describe.

Sorry...

Dennis

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In the hope that I am not correct. FM cannot do this.

keep smiling
thomas

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines