• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get Wash Via Mif to work in FM11

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that Wash Via Mif does not work in FrameMaker 11 at the book level. It creates a TMB file and apparently stops. It leaves the TMB file open. I've even had FrameMaker crash trying to wash via mif for a book. Very frustrating. What's the workaround?

I have a book with conditional text that crashes on a regular basis. Adobe told me to Wash Via Mif to resolve; however, that's not working. Any other ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the BookMIFWash script correctly? See this thread for details - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4735001#4735001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker11\Samples\ScriptsAndUtilities\BookMIFWash to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker11\fminit and restarted FrameMaker 11. I opened my book, but do not see a "Book Utilities" menu. Can you send a screenshot of the menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Arnis’s post in this thread - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1386795

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You also have to add the following line to the [APIClients] section of your maker.ini file:

MIFwash=Standard, MIF Wash, fminit\BookComponentMIFWash.dll, all

Book_mifWash.png

The menu will only appear when you have a Book file open and selected (i.e. in focus) in FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines