• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't get FM 2019 to license

Participant ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT department installed FM 2019 but it will not license. I have tried several different locations with different internet access to see if our servers were blocking some thing but still nope.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

I would like to thank the Adobe team for correcting this issue. I understand it was an issue on their side and they jumped on it quickly and resolved the issue. Again Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ericCessna,would you mind sharing the scenario when you are facing this and the message you are getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm out of the office until Monday. When I try to license the software it asks for a license number. Adobe said it should license off my sign in.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent you a PM. Please reply me back so we can help you with the issue.

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not at my desk until Monday. It asks for a license number and Adobe said it should license by email sign in

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the situation. Our company purchased a FrameMaker 2019 subscription. I had to wait three days for our IT department to install it. So now it is installed and when I open the program it asked to buy it, or work with the 30 day trial or license it. When I go to license the program it start by asking me to log into my account. I do that then it asked for a serial number. I wasn't given a serial number. So I called Adobe and they said it should license off my account. They went into my computer remotely and tried several things then said I would need our IT department to go in and unlock the computer. They have unlocked the computer, tried to install under administrator, we have tried three different computer at different locations. Does anyone out there know if this software can actually be licensed or should we get our money back.

As you can see I'm very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

I have sent you a Private Message. Please reply me back with your contact details and we can connect with you to help you out with the issue.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I guess the people at Adobe can't fix their own product. I have had two people log into my computer and tell me it's our side. But I guess they can't read my information also. I tried to put this software on a totally different computer outside the office and it will not license either. Now after the last login I can't use any of my Adobe software and I have to take a 60 mile trip to get my computer working. Thanks Adobe now I will lose another day of productivity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not answered either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the Adobe Support folks working with your IT people? It's sounding like there's something in either the way it was installed or the access it needs to "phone home" - IIRC the subscription model still downloads a copy of the software to your machine and I thought it still uses a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you're not listening either. What does my IT department have to do with my personal computer at my house. It doesn't work there either.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, didn't catch that in your responses - it could be that something is messed up with the number of activations Adobe thinks you've done (which would explain why it doesn't "take" at home)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok may this will help find the issue. When I go into my account it does show its ever been installed. Could it be on the wrong account?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Ever" or "never"? - if it's showing that it's never been installed, then I would suspect that whoever purchased the subscription has the associated serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We checked your subscription at our end and issue seems to be from our end. We figured out that on certain FrameMaker subscription while activating it is asking for serial key which is not ideal.

We have raised this issue and working with the team internally on highest priority and will inform you and update this thread once this is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

I just got the confirmation that FrameMaker subscription issue is now resolved and you should be able to activate FrameMaker now without any issues.

Please try to activate it again using your Adobe ID and let us know in case of any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed, It is still asking me for the license number.

Thank You

Eric Schaffer

Service Training Instructor

Customer Support Division - Training Department

Yanmar America Corporation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no response from Adobe today on this issue. I have lost 3 days of productivity. My IT department has lost a day and a half trying to fix this and having to reinstall my other Adobe software after they removed it.

Does anyone have any ideas??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mayank_M

Mayank_M

This is not the correct answer, It is not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try e-mailing tcssup@adobe.com referencing this thread - you may be running into time zone issues over in India right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our apologies on the issue you are facing. We are working with the licensing team to have this resolved at the earliest. I will also request Mayank to share a temporary serial key which will expire in a few days so that you are not blocked on FM2019 not launching and can continue with your work.

Will share an update shortly on this.

Regards

Amitoj Singh

Product Manager - Adobe Tech. Comm. Tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to thank the Adobe team for correcting this issue. I understand it was an issue on their side and they jumped on it quickly and resolved the issue. Again Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines