• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I keep getting this error message in the Book Error Log:

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No master pages applied because the MasterPageMaps table contains no mapping information"

I have no idea what this is or why it is appearing now. I never messed with this feature before. The thing is I cannot get teh first document of my book to generate correctly since this message has started to appear. In my first document I have a background image spanning the entire page. It is being used as a "cover" for a PDF output. This image vanishes everytime I try to update my book and all formmating on the page is lost.

Help????

I'm using FM 12 Unstructured.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this discussion. Your problem might be based on the same bug (screen resolution) and the solution presented there might also help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brent,

Are you familiar with the Apply Master Pages command?

I can only guess at what is happening without more information, but my guesses include:

1) The background image on the pages of the first document in your book appear on a master page.

2) When you update the book, you check the Apply Master Pages box.

Apply Master Pages sets the master page of every page to the default Right on a single-sided document and Left/Right on a double-sided document. It then applies the master pages specified in a table to the pages in the document. Since you are working with unstructured documents, the table lists the master pages to apply to pages that contain paragraphs with particular paragraph tags.

The error message you quote occurs in two situations. Either the table that specifies the master page mapping exists, but its rows are empty, or the rows have content but no paragraph in the document uses the paragraph tag indicated in the document.

If you don't want to use the master page mapping table, I suggest that you open the first document and look at it in FrameMaker. Is the background image present? If not, you may have to apply the appropriate master page manually. From then on, when you update the book, make sure you do not check the option to apply master pages.

If, in fact, you do want to use the master page mapping table, make sure that the table is defined in every document in your book and that the listed master pages are defined.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines