Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image no.1

Lion_techpub_0-1604039876698.png

Image no.2

Lion_techpub_1-1604039973104.png

Image no.3

Lion_techpub_2-1604039986499.png

As you can see three screen capture images above, there are unncessary spacing both bofore and after the punctuation mark regarding Korean font.

I'd like to make letter spacing both before and after the punctuation mark natural just like western font (e.g. English).

Can you help me?

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't enter the text with spaces before and after the punctuation, then I suspect there's an issue with the choice of font you're using.

[Edit - hit the Enter too soon] - As an experiment, try another Korean font to see if there's any effect on the spacing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These spaces are typically a part of the character in Asian fonts. The paragraph designer has an extra tab for Asian typesetting. Is the Asian Composer enabled? There is an extra setting for punctuation spacing (compression: auto or always on). Check these settings.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-30 um 21.14.32.png

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines