• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Meta] Can We Not Paste in Forums?

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a FrameMaker question, per se, but... I started asking a question as a reply in an existing discussion, and then decided it should probably be its own separate thing. So I selected the text, cut it, canceled my reply, opened a new discussion, and tried to paste my text into the text field.

Nothing.

Neither hitting <ctrl>-v nor right-clicking and choosing Paste produced any results at all in the forum window. I know the content was there in the paste buffer, because I was able to paste it into an open FM file, but I couldn't paste it here, and ended up retyping it all. Is that the way the forums are supposed to behave, or is it some kind of user error on my part?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Hi Dauphin:

You could test this by logging into the forums from home with the same browser. I've never had any issues but don't use IE.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not normal, Dauphin. I have a number of stock answers sitting in Notes, and I just copy them and paste them into the forum window. I also regularly quote users, i.e.,

[Meta] Can We Not Paste in Forums?

so I copy from one window to another within Jive (our forum application).

~Barb

Edit: I'm on a Mac and switch between Chrome and Safari. I wonder if it is browser-related. What browser are you using, and have you tried a different one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may well be a browser issue: I'm using IE11 running under Windows 7. Our corporate IT policy is very conservative about software upgrades/updates, and we're typically several versions behind current on everything. It's only because FM is "exception" (i.e., unsupported) software that my little workgroup has been able to get current on that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dauphin:

You could test this by logging into the forums from home with the same browser. I've never had any issues but don't use IE.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Firefox look into:
about:config
dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled false

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Testing the theory that this is a browser issue, I'm accessing the site through Chrome rather than my company's baseline IE11 browser. Let me see...

"So I selected the text, cut it, canceled my reply, opened a new discussion, and tried to paste my text into the text field."

Yup; works fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines