• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Populate TableCell with an attribute value

New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When dealing with a regular Element Container in my EDD, in order to achieve some flexibility, I have frequently resorted to inserting attributes' value into Container's Prefix rules as follows Prefix:<$attribute[myattribute]>.

Now I am in a TableCell Element and the typical Container's rules (e.g. Prefix, Suffix, First/LastParagraphRules) are not available.

Any suggestions on how populate a TableCell with an attribute value are appreciated!

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Because the option is not available for a cell element definition, I guess you need to put another container element within the cell. Then you could put a prefix rule on that element. It is more common to have text wrapped in child container elements anyway. Any reason you can't do it this way?

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Russ,

That is mainly to keep complexity of post-prod conversion down. My DTD element for the cell doesn't allow content. The value to display on the page can be assigned to an attribute. Using another element, would complicate the transformation. It's easier to just go straight for the element's payload and then transform it to the attribute where it belongs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines