• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Importing PDF Comments

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FM 10 on Windows 7 and unable to get this PDF import functionality to work properly. I have read the documentation thoroughly and am certain I am following every detail given. I keep getting an error/warning message telling me that the source files have changed -- although they have not. Consequently, none of the comments will import.

It may be worth noting that I was able to get this functionality to work using the default template files in FM as a test. However, when I use this on our company's book files, the problem I am describing occurs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you close (without saving) the .fm file after you create the PDF? Do you have auto-saving turned on? Source-control? Basically, are you performing any sort of manipulation to the file after the PDF is created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I intentional do not save the file when it asks to save it after I have exported the PDF.

I don't think I have auto-save turned on...I have to check. Is that under preferences? It should be turned off I assume?

I do absolutely no manipulation after PDF creation.

Remember as I mentioned before, this procedure works with default FM templates, but not with my own files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding of what I've read about the importing comments feature is that the originating FM document has to remain intact so that the "merge" of comments knows where to put each comment. I don't think it has anything to do with which template you use (unless your templates have some sort of scripting in them that causes changes to the document).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my point in explaining that it did work with the stock templates and not with my own books. In neither case did I change the documents and my procedure was identical, so in theory it should have worked the same on both, although it did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, curious. Have you tried contacting Adobe Support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any luck with the suggestions in this recent thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/887147?tstart=30

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines