Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reference pages and the Mapping Tables within

Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Looking at the reference page for a FM document (created by my predecessor) I see two mapping tables called "Headings Table":

and

I also see this table and wonder why it is there (I would expect to see this table if the document I were viewing was an appendix but it's not, it is a normal chapter in the book):

Is there anything odd/wrong with this picture or is something just odd/wrong with me?

Many thanks in advance

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

You're viewing the HTML mapping tables, created circa v.7

Unless you're using Save as HTML instead of the Publish pod, this method is a Very Bad Idea.

Thus, you can safely ignore or delete these ref pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're viewing the HTML mapping tables, created circa v.7

Unless you're using Save as HTML instead of the Publish pod, this method is a Very Bad Idea.

Thus, you can safely ignore or delete these ref pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this time, all we ever do here is to save as .pdf (never save as HTML or even publish).

As mentioned prior, there is so much offered by this tool that quite honestly, we (my company) do not care to use.  One thing that we have done, is to use RoboHelp to generate the help files that are accessed from our web pages.  At this time however, I have not been asked to generate Help files.

regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines