• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running headers in a book are empty for some book files?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Framemaker 12, unstructured: I have a book file with several chapters in separate files. I also have a template file that is used to control all content files in my book. In this template file, I have the Running H/F 2 system variable on the header on a master page. Idea is to show heading 1 -level chapter name in a header of each page. I use File/Import/Formats command with all selections tagged to import all common settings from my template file to each book file. All files use single sided page layout with right master page only.

For some reason, most of the book files do not show running chapter name in header. Few files do show it correctly. What might be the problem here? All files should have been prepared in similar method. How I could ensure that all pages do show running header names?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Great. Maybe you can mark my answer as "Correct Answer" so that this thread does not remain open.

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked if the variable definition and the paragraph style name match 100%?

It might be a small difference only like "Heading 1" (with a space) vs "Heading1" (without a space).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - that corrected the problem. I was using Heading1 and Heading1First paragraph styles to fine tune how they continue flow at these locations. And forgot that when applying system variable. So Heading1 was showing correctly while Heading1First was not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Maybe you can mark my answer as "Correct Answer" so that this thread does not remain open.

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fwiw

You can include more than one paragraph tag in the [paratag] part of a building block … Separate the tags with commas, as in the following example: <$paratext[Head1, Head2]>

from the FM 7.0 User Guide – hooray for hard copy :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines