Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tab stop bug in FrameMaker v13.0.0.333?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

In the Paragraph Designer, for BulletIndent, when I try to remove the tab stop, it does not delete. When I try to create a new tab stop at 1", it appears for a moment, and then disappears.

Is there a fix for this issue?

The same thing happens when I try to create a new paragraph tag. The tab stops won't delete/set.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Please use this link to directly download Update 2 for FrameMaker (2015 Release):

Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows : FrameMaker 2015 update 2 ( 2015.0.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you setting/deleting the tabs? Are you doing an Update All or an Apply in the Designer after making the changes? Only the Update All option will preserve the tab stop changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In the paragraph designer, with the BulletIndent paragraph tag selected, click the tab stop, and then click Edit.

2. In the Edit Tab Stop box, click Delete All.

The box closes and a different paragraph tag displays in the Paragraph tag selection drop down menu.

When I re-select the BulletIndent paragraph tag, the tab stops are unchanged. The same thing happens if I try to set a new tab stop.

Thank you for your speedy response!

Best Regards,

-Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have the cursor placed in a different paratag when you're trying to make the change. Either make a selection outside of the text frame [i.e. click somewhere in the background margins] or click into any BulletIndent paratag when trying to make the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you are facing is a bug that was fixed meanwhile. As your version 13.0.0.333, make sure to get the latest updates through > Help > Updates.

The latest Update by today is "Update 2" (2015.2 / Build 13.0.2.433. In this version this bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Arnis and Stefan for your replies. I tried both solutions, and neither fixed the problem. Unfortunately, on my system, Updates is dimmed and cannot be selected.

Best Regards,

-Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to the Downloads page directly - http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use this link to directly download Update 2 for FrameMaker (2015 Release):

Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows : FrameMaker 2015 update 2 ( 2015.0.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Stefan! Such a speedy response! Link worked like a charm!

Best Regards,

-Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, imKathyNF12 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM-13.0.2.433: I encounter the same problem. MIF washing did not help.

It happens with all documents which where orginally created with an older FM-version (≤ 12).

It is however not a problem for new documents, into which I have imported ALL formats from the failing one.

1. File > New > Portrait
  2. Import all formats from existing file
  3. In exiting file select all contens of flow
  4. Copy into new file
  5. Update the master page usage in new file
  6. Close the existing file
  7. Save new file with the name of the existing one.
  8. Close FM and reopen to check new file.
  9. TAB handling OK now

So, Stefan, what the heck is going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did this get fixed? Is there a work around? Also reported here: problem creating/editing tab stops in FM2015

problem creating/editing tab stops in FM2015

We've got version 13.0.5.547 and it still has the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines