Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Insets not Updated with Book

Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a book that contains numerous text insets. By convention, each inset has been set for manual updates only. My understanding is that these insets should still be updated when I update the book, so long as I have "Update All Text Insets" checked, but this isn't happening.

I've made sure that the Suppress Updates feature is disabled in both the book and the chapter files, yet still, updating the book doesn't seem to affect the insets. The only way that I can update them at the moment is by either manually selecting and updating them one at a time, or by using the Edit > Update References feature in the file, neither of which is all that efficient.

So, am I wrong to expect that updating the book with "Update All Text Insets" checked should affect manual text insets, or is there something I'm missing here?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyler, what specific FM version are you using, as shown in Help > About, and also have you checked for updates here:

Updates - Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows

Are the files all local on your system, or are any of them on a network?

Sheila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sheila,

We work with FM 8. I've downloaded all the updates listed on the page you mentioned, but that doesn't seem to have fixed it.

All of our files are stored locally.

Thanks for your help with this.

Cheers,

Tyler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines