• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Text Edits not working

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: It looks like it's only one file that's not tracking changes. Any ideas?

Hi all,

I'm trying to turn Track Text Edits on, but when I do, I don't notice it doing anything. I'm not seeing any visual cues that anything is being tracked (i.e., in Word you see deleted words turn red and are struck through; new content appears in blue).

Is there something I'm missing aside from Enabling Track Text Edits in the document?

I'm on Windows 7 and FrameMaker 2017 14.0.2.425.

Thanks!

-John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

I found that when encountering this bug, if I exit FM and re-launch it, the track changes work again. Annoying, but a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such problem here.

Are you certain to have it switched on? In standard FM-14 (aka 2017) you do not have coloured icons, hence the difference between active and inactive buttons is meager. You get coloured buttons only with some sort of plug-in.

Track-text-edits.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, I'm sure it's on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, even with the same file. I'm not sure what's going on. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm setting it at the Book or Document level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody from Adobe want to take a look at this? It's a considerable problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or give Support a dingle by e-mailing tcssup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TMLTurby:

This is a user-to-user forum (users helping other users). Please report this here: Tracker, so that the Adobe Engineers can take a look.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

Yes, I was hoping someone would have some information on this.

Looks like I'll have to go to directly the source... unfortunately, it's not letting me log in to the tracker site (even though I'm already logged in here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I can log in, so maybe try another browser. Or try the email address that Jeff posted.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an email along as soon as I saw Jeff's post.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that when encountering this bug, if I exit FM and re-launch it, the track changes work again. Annoying, but a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines