Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Crash] Fresco on Windows 11 - Crash on launch

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just installed Fresco on my new PC running windows 11, unfortunately it doesn't open and keeps crashing. I get this notice: 'Loading documents' and after a few seconds crashes and closes. I updated everything I could on windows, even my graphics card directly from the manufacturer (Radeon) to no avail. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Hello @ketriss,

Sorry to hear about this experience and for the late response. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try running Fresco under a different administrator account (Windows) or the root user account (macOS) and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Hello @Aldo24677406mi4f@Kajrov@Michael30060937xsr1@sazzle001@Mael2997180377ri,

Thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Hello @Fotomaker01RA,

Kindly try these steps to create a new administrator account for Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-20de74e0-ac7f-3502-a866-32915af2a34d and check if it helps.

Also, kindly check if all of your work is synced online (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents). If yes, please try resetting Fresco (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1b-dd59-949a9030f317

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Hello @Fotomaker01RA,

Sorry for the late response. Thanks for sharing the details. Would you mind sharing logs using these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html?

Also, you may try these steps:

1. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop Application
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+R
3. It will show a dialog to Relaunch
4. Click Continue and wait for 2-3 minutes
5. Launch Fresco

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 105 Replies 105
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Fresco forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the link to the Fresco Forum since this forum is not helpful or responsive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like this is probably best handled by the developers, in case there's a bug with Fresco on Win 11. So I would send an email to (frescohelp at adobe dot com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still waiting for help with exactly this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that approach of writing directly to Fresco team and never got a reply.

I've periodically tried installing the latest releases and they all continue to crash (latest was in past several wks... July 2023) on my Win 11 Pro PC running AMD RX6800 XT (tons of RAM). I used to be able to run Fresco on my prior (2022) Win 10 Pro PC. Fresco has never been able to launch (crashes to force close) immediately since I've tried to install/use it on my Win 11 device with processor noted in prev. sentence. Very disappointing. I pay for full CC subscription and have wanted to learn Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, No, they don't respond. And you don't get any real help here. This has been going on for almost a year and always the same answers. Uninstall, reinstall, reinstall old one, uninstall it, submit a bug report, delete it, install a new one, it doesn't work, jump Voltti, we're sorry. I already have my head so full of this. My guess is that we'll never get a fresco that works for Windows again.

LähetettyOutlook for Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kuvaajankulma,

We are sorry to hear that the suggestions provided did not help resolve the problem. It looks like we need to troubleshoot this in a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact problem! Same OS and graphics card too. Have you gotten any help from staff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and available SSD space do you have? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @ketriss,

Sorry to hear about this experience and for the late response. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try running Fresco under a different administrator account (Windows) or the root user account (macOS) and share your observations.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you keep suggesting running Illustrator differently when it is Fresco that crashes?

I can't get Fresco to launch at all on Win 11 and all my other Adobe apps run fine on my desktop PC system. Fresco 4.0.0 & 3.9.0 crash every time & will not open. That seems to be a Fresco code issue since there are reports about that bhvr (in various Win OS gens) online for over 2 yrs and no fixes posted anywhere. Plus, the posters write back in saying they aren't getting the issues resolved or answered.

Has Adobe abandoned Fresco as a product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the super late reply lol.

Illustrator works fine, it's Fresco I'm having problems with. I am on my administrator account so there's nothing to really change. It still opens, shows that it's "loading documents", then crashes.

@DaveJCummingsI have 16gb of RAM and 44.3GB available on my SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone  named Anubhav (Adobe? ) keeps saying to do something with Illustrator, even though many of us (is it solely a bad Windows code issue...) can't get Fresco to launch or operate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Fotomaker01RA @ketriss,

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say Fresco in the earlier post. Would you mind trying creating a new admin account for Windows or the root user account (macOS) and checking if the issue persists on the other account as well?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how to do this and what impact it might have on the workings of my PC. How do I eliminate something like that once it's set up. Do I run into issues of numbers of "seats" using CC if I do that? My signif other also has access to my computer... though is not a CC apps user. I think they might have tried something like this with some much earlier rel. of Ps & and earlier Win PC and it didn't help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Fotomaker01RA,

Kindly try these steps to create a new administrator account for Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-... and check if it helps.

Also, kindly check if all of your work is synced online (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents). If yes, please try resetting Fresco (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1b-d...) and share your observations.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just home so haven't tried the new admin acct test yet.

I see that my past files from Fresco are sync'd at the link you provided above.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled Fresco (both 4.0.0 & 3.9.0 a few times already since Adobe MAX to see if that helped - both con't to crash immediately on launch attempts - it's not like the program opens & then crashes when I try to do anything...I can't even get to the UI). At present Fresco is uninstalled from my Win 11 desktop PC b/c I figured why consume storage space if the darn program isn't working as it should & just crashes.

My follow-up question to you is - If Fresco is already uninstalled & nothing shows up in my Programs Files list under Adobe in my Control Panel then I can't do a reset, right? Wouldn't my multiple uninstalls and reinstall processes (that I did to be sure it wasn't a bad download one time...) have reset Fresco during uninstall/reinstall if it was an issue on my desktop Win 11 PC vs a programming code issue from the Adobe side of the equation?

Would one of the lead Adobe devs - who has Fresco installer code they know for sure launches okay on Win 11 desktops - have a link to that working code they can send me (ie, allowing me to bypass grabbing an installer the usual way via CC) to see if it's the publicly downloadable Win installer that's the issue? I do beta testing of some Adobe plugins - and that has happened in the past (ie, bad code got posted to the public Downloads pg for that other software that had to be replaced with a better installer...).

One other thought ... (also sparked by previous situations w/that plugin s/w testing) I install my CC apps to my F: drive on my PC (for a number of reasons so won't attempt moving them and messing any programs up). It works perfectly fine for all the other Adobe apps I'm running. But, if Fresco comes from elsewhere, I don't know what programming 'baggage' it brings with it (though I had Fresco working several gens ago on an older PC). Could the installer somehow not be finding the 'hooks' (or whatever the correct tech term is) it needs to boot on my system if it's coming from a drive other than the C: drive? I don't want to mess with changing my default Adobe install drive from F:

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kajrov,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind confirming whether you're using Fresco on an iPad/iPhone or a Windows computer?

If you're on an iPad/iPhone, kindly check if all of your work is synced online (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents). If yes, kindly try deleting Fresco, restarting your device, and then reinstalling the app to check if it helps. Also, check if the OS installed is up to date (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204).

If the issue persists, kindly share the crash report so that we can investigate this further:

• Open iPad Settings > Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data. You will see file names like “JetSam-2023-01-03-083327.ips” (2023-01-03 is the date in the log & 083327 is the time). Ensure you share the recent log file after the crash by looking at the timestamp.
  • Upload the file to (https://assets.adobe.com) and share a link to the file here or via DM.

If you're on Windows, kindly share the logs by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), so we can check it with the team. Also, try installing Fresco v4.0 using this link and checking if it helps: https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeESD/FRSC/4.0.0/win64/65329b20-2fb0-4131-a587-6df11b7f46e4/Adobe_Fresco...

Note: The link is only valid for the next 24 hours.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H,i I've tried these and Fresco still crashes at the same spot. Also @Fotomaker01RA I doubt the problem is fresco being on your F drive, since mines on my c drive and it has the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know!

I've found when there are issues of Adobe products not working the typical company stance in reply is - there's something wrong with your system. Versus them fixing the faulty code - it's been true of "issues" (aka, bugs) with other products in the product line too. If there's a way for them to generate revs my sense is they're more than conscientious about that, but not so with the tech spt fixes for broken code ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait huge developement!! i just now saw theres a fresco update so i downloaded it and it worked! 😮 does it fix your problem too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got excited when I saw your note. But all I see listed on the CC site is 4.0.0 as the latest release. I'd tried that and 3.9.0 - neither worked for me. I was hoping there was a 4.0.1 that fixed the issues...

What system are you working on (Apple, Win) & what GPU/CPU?

I just re-downloaded Fresco 4.0.0 (4th time...). Tried to launch it. It immediately crashed again - snip of Error Msg attached. Interestingly, when I went to my Control Panel's Programs List Adobe Fresco doesn't show up. After a search on my PC I found a listing for Fresco & tried a Repair - that didn't help either. Still crashes. Every other Adobe product I own is in my Programs List okay. And, I downloaded/installed a non-Adobe program today - it shows up just fine in the programs list and launches as it should too. Well, that's weird - something is really wrong with the Adobe code.

Win11ProDesktopPC-StillCrashes_Rel4-0-0.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dang yea I updated it to the 4.0.0 version.

Im on Windows 11 with an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x processor and an AMD Radeon RX 5500 gpu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines