• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a multicolour swatch

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike single colour swatches, multicolour swatches allow you to create and work with multiple colours simultaneously 

Multicolour swatches are supported on all Live and Pixel brushes except for sketching and marker brushes. 

To begin with, make sure you have a mix of colours on the canvas. Select any of the Fresco brushes to create this mix. 

1. In this tutorial, we are using the Mixer Brush to create a blend of colours.  

Mixer-Brush-Behaviour.gif

2. Tap on the eyedropper tool and then tap on the multi sampler icon as shown below.  

Multi-colour-selection.gif

Move the lens on the mix of colour that you want to save. The selected colour mix is now added your recent swatch list under the colour wheel.  

3. Now tap on Pixel brush>Basic>Hard Round (set the multicolour swatch as the colour on the brush) and start drawing on the canvas. 

MultiColour-sampler-Punk.gif

You can create as many outputs as you want using the same swatch and different brushes. Play around with different brush settings to achieve different results. 

MultiColour-sampler-Bang.gif

This what our designer, Parichay likes the most out of all the multicolour swatches: 

MultiColour sampler-Outcome-final.png

For information on selecting multiple colours using the eyedropper tool, see Create a multicolor swatch.

TOPICS
Activation installation and billing , Canvas settings , Color , Cross-product , Device , How-to , Import , Layers , Live brushes , Performance , Pixel Brushes , Publish & export , Syncing & Storage , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get multicolor swatches to save, nor can I get the eyedropper lens to stay visible to adjust position.  I've watched and read dozens of tutorials to make sure I've not done something wrong, but nothing changes, I can see the multicolor swatch until I close the eyedropper and then it's just gone.  Nothing in swatches or anywhere else.  Any suggestions?  App is up to date, using a 2021 iPad Pro 12.9.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved the issue in the usual way, by deleting and reinstalling the app to clear cache.  Once that was done it's working as it should. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem. I deleted and reinstalled it and it still isn't working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines