Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature Request] Adobe Fresco for Android

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is Adobe Fresco coming to Android? If it is, are there any release dates yet or perhaps even a beta tester program?

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Hi prubini87,

Thanks for your interest in Fresco. As of now Fresco is only available for iPad but we're working on developing the app for other platforms and devices. I'll definitely pass on your feedback to the product team. 

Stay tuned for more updates!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 204 Replies 204
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have marked this "Solved" so chances are, no one from Adobe is looking. 

I got the e-mail this morning as well.

Some of us are professionals who rely on professional tools.

I have been an Adobe customer since 1988. I have invested significant money on updates year after year.

I do not use Apple products. I do not find them to be superior for my use, and I do not choose to pay a higher price and purchase multiple separate devices simply to proclaim my status in the "hip" community. 

I can understand that in the early days of the SaaS program at Adobe there was an Apple forward tendency due to long association with that platform.

However, the statistical reality is there are more Android and Windows users in the wide world than there are MacOS and IOS. At very least parallel development would be considered the professional business solution. 

Adobe has lost it's way at a very fundamental level and I am not sure how much longer I can continue to spend money on their product, even when I have a significant amount of assets that are built on their product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally moved all my Adobe sketch and draw files to autodesk sketchbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even notice the topic is from 2019 apologies for the necro but I had assumed any topic about Fresco on android would have been new, concerning the recent email announcement regarding the discontinuation of support for draw and sketch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, I smell a subscription getting cancelled. If you ain't apple, Adobe treat you second class. Quark Express will be happy anyway and whatever drawing package I chose to use instead. I run Android Stylus phones and tablets. I guess you (Adobe) no longer want my money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should say "1 False Answer" after Adobe's reply. There's no credibility in any of Adobe's replies on the topic of Android development. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want one! I just got the notification and I'm literally in tears because draw is the only drawing app I have liked on my s21 ultra and it's friggen nasty they would take it away and offer no alternative to a Huge part of the digital market. Adobe, you had better make this right or you're about to lose a customer of 25+ years, and probably many many many more! 😭😭😭 (also, if anyone has any suggestions for non Adobe alternatives that are comparable, please let me know. I have not been able to find one I liked. 💔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a dream....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is very sad that this is not availa le for android. we need this as well. why are you discriminating android users? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should definitely be available for is eligible for android devices specifically at the same time as IOS yet time is IOS if the android devices like Samsung notes that come with a stylus I less because I use Adobe illustrator draw specifically on a daily basis and now that it's going to end and I don't have an IOS Apple device that completely takes away from my business!!

- Alejandro

actillustrations@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have of timeline of when this will happen if ever?

Would be great to have Adobe Fresco available to Android users.

Keep in mind that there are more Android users in the world than there are Apple iOS users 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe release fresco for Android in the first half of the decade???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am extremely annoyed that you would decommision Adobe Sketch for Android without even replacing it!!!  WHY?!?!  You should have Fresco up and going for android too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years and counting... still nothing on Android.
Seriously no respect and interest for Android's community of creators and artists? That's a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm more than sure that Adobe respects the Android community. Just as I am pretty sure that they're eventually going to have a version for Android. Its not something they can just flip a switch and release.  I mean, there was a full year before Adobe announced what was going to be Fresco, under the name of Project Gemini before we saw the full release for the iPad and we still had another year before we saw a Windows release. Android, along with Windows are a bit more difficult to develop for than iOS because there are an insane amount of variations of Android and Windows devices in terms of devices and processors and everything.  And I can imagine Android being even more difficult because there are so many versions of Android that are optimized totally differently than each other based on the device manufacturer.  And not to mention that not all Android devices are on the same version of the OS, unlike iOS/iPadOS, where the vast majority of devices are usually on the most recent version of the OS.  Its not a slam on Windows or Android devices. they're great devices,  but all the variations only serve to slow things down in the development.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I'm sure and aware about those extra challenges and troubles while developing for Android. Having said that, Adobe already has a multitude of apps working on Android ecosystem both for tablets and smartphones, including being the first environment were they've launched Premiere Rush (in partnership with Samsung), months before iOS version. Also, this is a primary need for Android tablets (virtually nobody needs it on smartphones) and I can't see why they can't do something similar to what was done on Rush's launch by focusing on most used devices (market share). I'd bet few would cover more than 90% of the market and Adobe already knows which are those devices, since we all have Adobe apps installed on them.

Besides this, and maybe even more important, I've know lots of artists who would not change Procreate (iOS exclusive) for any other app. And there's a big big void on Android on those areas, basically all the apps try to be the "Procreate for Android", making even more sense for Fresco being available for Android first, not later/never.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plenty of companies with less resources than Adobe release apps on Android (many in sync with iOS versions) on a regular basis with no problem. Clearly, there is no respect for Android users from Adobe otherwise we would have heard something from them by now on development. Instead, it is pure silence and no action. Instead, Adobe has prioritized whatever one-sided deal Apple has baked up for them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where's this Android release that you were pretty sure of, Dave? You still think Adobe has respect for Android users? No effort whatsoever to address calls for an Android release is a pretty clear sign that Adobe is letting Apple make their business decisions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 March 2023. Still not on Android 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Thank you very much for review of so great software that is developed, would like to say that we will be more than happy to get it for working on telephones with android system. Best regards, Valentyna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you an Adobe Employee? @Valentyna21941650yzuu 

Hello. Thank you very much for review of so great software that is developed, would like to say that we will be more than happy to get it for working on telephones with android system. Best regards, Valentyna

By @Valentyna21941650yzuu

By @Valentyna21941650yzuu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you tell when will fresco available to android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can. Never.
Adobe do not care about Android users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think its about if they care about Android users or not,  it's all about the fragmented user base. It came out for iPad first, because all the iPads all have the same version of iOS. It came out slightly later for Windows, because though Windows is more customizable and slightly more fragmented than iOS, its still pretty similar no matter what device it was.  The problem with Android is that there's completely different versions of Android based on what device you're using with completely different UIs and all over the place about which version,  it could be 7.0 or 9 or whatever.  It makes it very hard for them to develop and make it work.  If and when it comes out for Android,  its highly likely, its only going to be for a select few models 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but that is what they did with the Windoows version, it was only available on the Surface (I think it was only Surface Book lineup and only a select few of those with the right specs. They could easily do the same for (let's just make it easy for myself keeping it U.S. based) Samsung tablets and pen supported, recently released flagship phones. Which at the time could have been the Note lineup; now think the Z Fold. 

Has anyone else has noticed the update to all the apps saying "Adobe (App Name) for SAMSUNG"? I just find it mindboggling that they do that after they remove Sketch and Draw. Still nothing on Aero, and even Rush seems like it's headed for the trash heap too. They nixed Spark and rehashed it as CC Express, so what about PS Express, Mix, & Fix? Nothing there for ages for Android users either, but PS & AI is basically fully loaded on the iPad. Fresco isn't the only app they kill us on.

I don't think we're asking for a miracle in saying EVERY Andriod should be able to use it. Just let those who likely wanted to get that fancy new tech, but now have no app* to draw on that makes sense to their other Adobe workflow. Obviously speaking from experience lol 😂 😭😭
* within Adobe and able to sync/use things Adobe has promised from CC (working anywhere); not saying there are no alternatives, just that we pay the same money, for what seems like a lot fewer features; like we're paying for development that doesn't even come, and we constantly justify it by staying...because industry standard. My thought is they are trying to stay ahead of/keep up with Affinity before they pull all the freelancers and upcoming creatives. 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incorrect. I'm an Android developer. I've created multiple complex apps working for companies for past 8 years. Yes, Android's versions are fragmented but the developers who build Android APIs make it super simple to support previous versions out of the box. It used to be more difficult back in the Java days about 5 years ago but since then the fragmentation is not an issue. Also, Android has become more and more popular, good devices have become cheaper resulting in most people using the latest Android versions. So fragmentation of Android versions is NOT an issue for any company wanting to build apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines