• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature Request] Visible Brush Cursor

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to show a brush cursor at the moment, or is this feature coming soon? Makes it very difficult to draw precisely if I can't see where my brush is. 
Thanks.

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Just following up, I was looking through the feature request site and found this one. Go here to add your vote and any commentary you'd like to include:

https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco/suggestions/38717338-visible-brush-cursor-see-the-brush-shape-and-size

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen,

Its not exactly clear what you'd expect. On iPad, there's no "hover" capability, so the cursor wouldn't appear until you touch the pencil to the surface _ at which time you can see the brush shape. 

if you just want to see what the brush shape looks like, check out the brush size control on the left - you can see a representation of the shape. But for actual drawing, I can't imagine what you're after, since there's no "mouse-like" hover feature. 

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike. The way that I draw, if I am tidying up edges either by erasing or drawing, I typically use a large brush size to minimise bumps etc and make the line as clean as possible. Without a cursor, or guide, to tell me how large the brush is when I touch the screen with my pen, it is very difficult to predict where I am going to erase or draw. 

It's  seeminly quite difficult to put into words what I am after, but Procreate has the feature (as do Cintiq's I believe) so you can see the size of the brush you are using as you press on the tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to second this request. I use Procreate and there is a brush cursor in that program. It would be super helpful to have this feature. Having to look through each brush then go into the brush size for every one is cumbersome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen. This is a request we get every once in awhile with regard to the eraser. I don't know at this point whether it's a feature that's being considered for Fresco but I'll most certainly pass it along to the product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue. Definitely something useful for me...fingers crossed it makes it to Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen. I asked around about this yesterday after you posted. Apparently.... it's coming. So hang in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to know what he's expecting just look at the brush cursor on Procreate on an IPad. It's a basic feature that digital painters use. You see the size of the brush and the area it is affecting when you touch the apple pencil

to the screen and you paint or erase. If cheap program like Procreate can do it, what's the issue here? I cannot see any brush icon at any time when i paint on my iPad using photoshop. As someone who desires to use photoshop on their tablet primarily for painting (as many, many other digital artists do) this is not good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Procreate also, on my iPad, and it has no brush cursor either. I'm still not sure what you expect. 

Now, on Windows and MacOS, using Procreate, or Photoshop, there is a brush cursor as you move the mouse around. But on iPad, there is no such thing. Procreate on iPad behaves exactly like Fresco when it comes to showing the brush outline (you only see it when you touch the tip to the screen, and only via actual color deposited on the canvas). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preference settings of Procreate, you can switch on ‘Brush Cursor’, which shows an outline of the brush size and shape when you touch the tablet with your pen. This is what i’m after in Fresco. Hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a brush icon on procreate. It's super easy to activate. Any half experienced art student using procreate can show you where it is. If you have trouble finding it with a 1 minute search over the internet then hit me up. The fact that procreate has it and PS doesn't is ridiculous 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, now I see what you mean. It would be pointless on hard edged brushes with full opacity, but for soft edged or partially transparent brushes, I could see this having some purpose. Here's a screen shot from ProCreate. I suppose it could be requested through the feature request link in Fresco's app settings:

6727F0F5-7B04-410F-B342-95BB4795DD31.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just following up, I was looking through the feature request site and found this one. Go here to add your vote and any commentary you'd like to include:

https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco/suggestions/38717338-visible-brush-curs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want this too please!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about the iPad version, it's probably not going to happen without Apple totally changing the way the Apple Pencil works. They work differently than the styluses that Wacom uses, so you can't hover to get the cursor to show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then how does Procreate do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new iPad Pencil 2 allows for a visible pen cursor in Procreate. At least on the M2 iPad it does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't Adobe even have artists testing their programs or something..!? As this is so clearly a low hanging fruit that would immeasurably improve Fresco when using airplay to a larger screen. Just like Wacom tablets work.. The painting app 'Artsudio Pro' had this from the get go with Ipad M2's and the hover feature, works so well, so can't be that hard to impliment! Someone give me a good reason why a much larger company like Adobe hasn't picked up on this!! It's criminal neglect of it's customers in my opnion..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines