Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature Request] Adobe Fresco for Android

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is Adobe Fresco coming to Android? If it is, are there any release dates yet or perhaps even a beta tester program?

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Hi prubini87,

Thanks for your interest in Fresco. As of now Fresco is only available for iPad but we're working on developing the app for other platforms and devices. I'll definitely pass on your feedback to the product team. 

Stay tuned for more updates!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 204 Replies 204
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This is very unfair for us designers who use Android. You dump the illustrator sketch app and don't even give us an alternative

!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates with Android Version of the app? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No word yet.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no adobe fresco..... 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What when to eleabate sillubusing useres i tell comming new chooses victoreds in word prosses nown .verrbing long tripping life file humeon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Androïd Not anymore Sketch, Fresco, Draw all these 3 applications  are for several months only available on Apple. Adobe is becoming a subsidary of Apple ?

We pay Abode Premium each month, it is a shame we can not anymore draw orsketch on our Android tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I smell a class action lawuit.. How about you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I REALLY hope so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping it comes out soon as I haven't had as much fun drawing with other apps after losing access to Photoshop Sketch.

PS was a great app and while I couldn't draw images with an alpha layer, it let me draw smoother lines than the apps I've had to fall back on like Infinite Painter and its tools were easier to use.  I think it was a ridiculous choice to shut it and the accompanying apps in that suite down across all platforms ("Execute Order 66" comes to mind) and not consider the fact that maybe half of the user base will feel abandoned and go elsewhere for quite a while / not return.

The intelligent thing to do would have been to let Android users use them still, at least until Fresco was developed.  Then you could abandon those apps on Android, either leaving them in the app store but say you no longer offer support for them, or do the removal maneuver you've already done.

While I doubt it is likely to happen, I still have Photoshop Sketch installed, just incase who ever it was that made the decision realises this simple correction, and how it could help Adobe save some face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance for Android version of Fresco coming this year? I love Adobe products but not having them on my android tablet is just... to be gentle: very irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like Adobe is just begging their customers to move to Procreate. The apps are glitchy and need  onstant updating, fresco is so limited in device compatability. Error messages that are provided when things are not working arent' even close to helping the user figure out what the problem is. support is basi ally non-existent. for the money charged - you should be ashamed of yourselves adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was truly a poor decision on Adobe's part to make adobe draw completely un useable after the sun set. I would have atleast thought they would have still let us use it and it's functions just with no updates.

I used it religiously on my galaxy note now the app does nothing or atleast have fresco on android also.In my opinion Adobe alienated android users from using a great application with out a replacement. Specially for designers that use phones like the note and so far I have looked on the net for a alternative and nothing compares or does the same functions.

Android users shouldn't have to go out and buy a new device specially an apple device just to utilize these tools.

I hope adobe atleast let's us use Draw again just with out updates or releases fresco to android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats why i will cancel my account after this month

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then i will cancel my account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was fine and dandy when is Adobe going to release the Android version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also love an answer to this question! We've been out an Adobe sketching app on Andriod for over a year now, and the radio silence is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easier said than done. No slight to Android, but the fractured nature of its OS, with devices being all over the place with what version of Android and manufacturers making their own version of Android for their own devices make it ridiculously difficult to develop for Android and not have bugs. And if they did, it might be limited to a very few devices. I get it though. I'd love to see that come out for Android, I want it out to as much devices as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your point and, 5+ years ago, I would have agreed with this sentiment, but even when this was posted in 2019 Google was working to standardize things. With updates to display scaling/background process controls/permissions management and guaranteed updates for years from all major providers, I think it's difficult to support the argument that android fragmentation is the root cause anymore. 

That said, I would be willing to accept that if we had any kind of roadmap or communication at all after years of waiting. At this point, I think it's pretty fair for android users to feel abandoned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's the 5th of april 2023... 4 years have passed... android users are still watchin this thread in anger xD
adobe... come on... you caaaan't be seriousssss 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right?! I truly don't see why they didn't just keep it or keep it with
minimum updates or just not update it.. still no apps that do the same
thing either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Come on!
Almost 2024 here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dingdingding... 2024 -- anybody home ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Fresco coming to Android? I would like to use it on a Galaxy Note 9, but if it's not going to be possible I prefer not to get my hopes up.

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reachng out. Adobe Fresco is only available for iPads and Windows devices. To know the details of supported devices, click on https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/system-requirements.html

You may click on UserVoice link https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco/suggestions/39351757-fresco-for-android and upvote this.

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why did adobe remove fresco app on android version? I can't download it anywhere else. this is chaos!

[Renamed by Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines