• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to exit Freso while on Windows PC

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems pretty ridiculous that I'd need to even ask this question but how do you close the app while using it on a Windows PC.  It's a nice app and yeah it's designed for tablet but sweet baby geezus, when you need to spend 20 minutes googling only to come to the forums to ask how to close the app, that's pretty bad UI design.  Surely I don't need to Alt-Del to close the app from Task Manager...

Can someone please advise how I exit Fresco, normally without task manager etc, while using it on a windows 10 PC?

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Hi.

Since I'm not super knowledgeable about the Windows platform, I spoke with one of our engineers about this just to double-check my information. Here's what he told me:

Fresco is a windows UWP App and this functionality (of the title bar not appearing initially) has existed for quite some time and is not related to only the most recent build. 

When you close the app from the Task Manager it's considered a force-close so the following launch is again considered a first launch.

When lau

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's been a few of us ask this question and yes for a while Alt-Ctrl-Delete and close through task manager was the only solution. The Developers kept telling us to use the cross in the top right corner... which I'm sure you're also about to say, there isn't one! It has been fixed for me, so I would suggest checking if there is an update to the app as your first option. Other than that if you have access to any resize buttons this will also help to not have the app in full screen and from memory once you get it in less than full screen the app remembers the size. I can't find the conversation now to link for you unfortunately. It was quite a battle, you're not alone in thinking this is crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question.  I have to ctrl/alt/del out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really odd that some would have the close button (I do) and some don't. However, there is an easier way than task manager...

Just go to the task bar, right click the Fresco icon, and choose "Close Window."

2021-05-25_19-40-39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto! 

I just hunted for ages to try to exit the darn thing. It filled my full Win 10 screen and there was no Exit or Close option anywhere in the UI!!!

I finally had to simulate a force shutdown on my PC to get access to the Task Mgr to End Task for Fresco.

That seems pretty ridiculous and a really poor design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW - I just updated today (6/21/21) so am using the latest release....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco_2-6-0_NoExit-NoClose-FillsFullWin10display.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be good if @Sue Garibaldi could comment on this seeming disparity between users (it works fine for me). However, are you able to use my suggestion above by closing from the task bar? If you can't see the taskbar, just press the Windows key and you should see it. Then right click the icon and choose "Close Window:"

2021-06-26_09-50-45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as mentioned in my post, I can do a CTRL + ALT + DEL to get access to my Win (10) Task Mgr and can End Task for Fresco that way.

But, to say that is an inelegant way to have to exit a program is an understatement....

It is a serious flaw/bug that the Fresco/Adobe developers should fix given the number of customers/users that are experiencing it and reporting it.

Leaving that bug in place w/out addressing it is not at all a user-centered approach to software design or to customer support. And, doesn't seem suitable for an org the size of Adobe that should have all sorts of s/w engineers at its disposal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

My understanding is that this is by design in the current Windows UWP platform technology utilized by Fresco.

However it is only on first launch that the platform hides title bar for all UWP-based apps and that this first-launch case can be resolved by switching to Windows tablet mode. (Since you've been quitting the app from Task Manager each successive launch is considered a fresh launch.)

Please let me know if this persists 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

This bug (issue) only started when I updated to the latest version of Fresco in the past 5-7 days. It was not an issue previously.

It has continued to happen each (& every) time I launch Fresco. It was not a one-time event.

FYI, I beta test photo processing software for commercial companies so am usually able to figure out what's what in UI's/UX's...

It is not at all intuitive (nor, even sensible....) for a Win 10 Desktop PC user such as myself - with no tablet functionality or facility at all on my Win Desktop PC to somehow switch it into a "tablet" mode in order to use a piece of Adobe software on my Desktop PC. Honestly, I'm really puzzled (and, concerned) about that. And, why the program hasn't been corrected to work as it used to on Desktop PC's.

What am I missing? Why must a Win 10 Desktop (only) PC be set to run as a "tablet" in order to run Fresco since the latest s/w update I ran in this past week?

Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Since I'm not super knowledgeable about the Windows platform, I spoke with one of our engineers about this just to double-check my information. Here's what he told me:

Fresco is a windows UWP App and this functionality (of the title bar not appearing initially) has existed for quite some time and is not related to only the most recent build. 

When you close the app from the Task Manager it's considered a force-close so the following launch is again considered a first launch.

When launching Fresco for the first time, use a mouse to navigate to the upper top bar boundary; a title bar should appear (click on the Maximize button to have that title bar appear always).

You should, at that point see a Cross button to close the application. Quit the application using that button (or right click on the Windows taskbar to close the app). 

I hope that helps. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the follow-up, Sue. I appreciate it.

Believe me, Windows can be 'challenging' at times .... So I never know whose issue it is. A recent "feature" update from them totally nuked (that's not the 2 words I used at the time) my system and it had to be literally rebuilt from the ground up.

I will try what you've passed along from the engineer. It sounds like something that intuitively/conceptually makes sense reading your note. Versus setting my Win 10 system to a "tablet" OS mode.

Fingers crossed!    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I probably should have been more clear in my original note... Setting it to "tablet mode" is, I believe, only for the first launch (sorry I can't test that for you). 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the "X" by hovering the pointer over the upper right corner - it's a drop-down menu that's not visible without hovering (on mine - just installed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the latest release that came out today (Jy 20, 2021)?

Does it seem to be running all right in general for you - feature-wise (not just shutdown)? I've learned to wait (including with Ps) to see what users start 'screaming' about before I update....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this as well... it seems you can just move your mouse to the top of your screen and the hidden bar downs down... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This broken again.  There's an X in the top right corner of the app but when I click it , nothing happens. Right click on the taskbar, close window and nothing happens. I have to force it to shut down. 🤦‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @nicolas_tbone,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty exiting Fresco on your Windows PC. This behavior is indeed unexpected, but there are several troubleshooting steps we can try to resolve the issue:

1. Ensure that your GPU driver and operating system are up-to-date. Outdated drivers or system software can sometimes cause unexpected behavior in applications. You can usually update your GPU driver through the manufacturer's website (e.g., NVIDIA, AMD, Intel) and check for OS updates in your system settings.

2. If updating your GPU driver and OS doesn't resolve the issue, try reinstalling Fresco. Sometimes, a fresh installation can fix software glitches or corrupted files that may be causing the problem.

If the issue persists after trying the above steps, please share more information about your system, including your PC's specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM), the version of Windows you're using (including the build number), and any other relevant details. Additionally, if you're able to capture a screen recording demonstrating the problem, that would be helpful for further investigation.

Once we have more information, we can better understand the root cause of the issue and provide targeted assistance to resolve it.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines