• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

load layer as selection

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Fresco 2.2 but there is no option to load a layer as a selection which I have just seen in a you tube video. What am I missing?

TOPICS
How-to , Layers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Hi Wendy. 

Sorry for the confusion.

In that video, Kyle is using an internal build of Adobe Fresco; Load as selection is not yet in the AppStore build.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you can post a link to the video and let us know which device you are using?
It's always possible that the video you've watched has different features depending on the device they've used in comparison to what you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/oCx7_FqYYlA

I am using an ipad pro from Dec 20 based in UK - the largest size. I noticed comments also saying they do not have access to load as selection. I also remember seeing the option on a Kyle Webster video some months ago. I would really like this feature! I have a full CS subscription. Thanks for any help you can give.

Artist, animator, and illustrator, Rafael Varona shares his techniques for using Blend Modes to create subtle textured shadows in an illustration Follow Rafael: https://www.instagram.com/rafa_varona/ To watch with Subtitles/closed captions, click the CC icon in the lower-right corner. Subscribe to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, n'ayant pas encore Fresco en version Premium sur iPad Pro 10,5' je ne retrouve cette fonction dans les option de calques !
Est-ce une fonction Premium ?
Ici dans la vidéo présenté ci dessus :  Load as selection
090321-1675__fb.jpg

Dans la copie de mon écran, cette option n'y figure pas ?090321-1676__fb.jpg

En attendant vos répponses, avec mes remerciements

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wendy. 

Sorry for the confusion.

In that video, Kyle is using an internal build of Adobe Fresco; Load as selection is not yet in the AppStore build.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue Hope this feature is added soon - I really miss it from PS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember getting confused by a video once due to a pressure curve thing that showed up.  Now whenever I see something I don't recognize in the videos, I'm always think "test build, its not there yet".  Great work with the app though 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sue, for point this out. While on the iPhone "Load as Selection" is visible, it's grayed out and can't be selected. And of course, it's not even visible on the desktop version of Fresco. It does get confusing when features are spoken of and demonstrated in the instructional videos but those same features aren't available. So we wait, excitedly for those features!

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, somebody please tell Kyle not to use load as selection - see latest illustration post on watercolour brushes - though I love those tutorials!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree! I have watched 3 of Kyle's videos and they are great. I spent hours trying to find the Load as Selection because you need that option to follow him in the tutorials. He shows it every video. 

I love the tutorials and hope you release that selection feature soon! It would be so useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wendyr56479247 @beverlycw @Golden5D2D @Yves-CH 

I have let Fresco's product manager know the urgency of this request.  🙂

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eagerly await the additions while hoping they happen sooner rather than later. 🙂  Thanks Sue!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now september and no load as selection command available, but many videos showing how to use it.  Disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Is it going to be available soon? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May 2022, and I have just been through the same experience: saw the feature used in an Adobe video, then spent a while trying to find the option on my iPad....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines