Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

RYB Mode of Adobe Fresco’s Live Brushes

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I Need a RYB(Red,Yellow,Blue) Model of Live Brushes.

And Is RYB Model Coming to Live Brush Oil Paint, Watercolor(and More) of Adobe Fresco in the Near Future?

I like Mixing color!

TOPICS
Color, Live brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Is RYB(Red,Yellow, Blue) Mode Coming to Live Brush Watercolor and Oil Paint(and more) of Adobe Fresco in the Near future?

I need a RYB Mode of Live Brushes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Is RYB(Red,Yellow, Blue) Mode Coming to Live Brush Watercolor and Oil Paint(and more) of Adobe Fresco?

I need a RYB Mode of Live Brushes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I Write Mistake this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted this several times; I have combined the posts into this one thread.

RYB isn't a color model in Fresco, nor in Photoshop either for that matter. If you'd like to make a feature request, you can provide feedback here:

https://adobefresco.uservoice.com/forums/919786-adobe-fresco

Can you explain (for my benefit) why you need RYB color to mix paint? I've never heard of it, and I mix paint all the time with the available RGB colors. Does RYB offer some benefit or advantage?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that there is currently no RYB mode...And Because RYB Mode is a Traditionaliy Color Mode, The reason RYB mode is necessary is that unlike RGB, oil painting can be made vivid green with blue and yellow. So I also need RYB mode.

And RYB Mode offery Rebelle 4, ArtRage 6, MyPaint and Expresii and More.

But.... I use Rebelle 4 in RYB Mode, But it Can't Mixing Green With Blue and Yellow to use Smudge tool Like RGB Model...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mixing colors on your computer (tablet) screen which is illuminated by additive light doesn't really work the same as mixing pigments in real paint, but RGB color models will allow you to create any color within the gamut of your tablet's screen. It's interesting that this (RYB) is a feature in ArtRage and other programs, I will take a look again at ArtRage to better understand it.

But, if this is a feature you feel is important, as I mentioned above, please request it on User Voice.

I also found this interesting explanation of RGB vs RYB, for anyone else interested:

Why do we use RGB and not RYB?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines