• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector layer from Fresco not editable in Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that I'll be able to edit only vector layers made with the vector brushes in Fresco when I import in Illustrator. But the only way to export the file editable was as a psd file. In Illustrator it turned pixelised and blurry. Does this mean we have to Image trace every time?

TOPICS
Publish & export , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you've created your artwork with vector brushes in Adobe Fresco, you can export the artwork as a PDF and edit it in Adobe Illustrator. Please follow instructions on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/using/fresco-and-illustrator.html
Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Did as instructed in the link. Still Pixilated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having this problem. The fresco file is definitely made with vector brushes, I export the pdf, open it and it's all pixilated. I have done this before without issue. This file is more complex, not that it should matter. I found an empty layer at the top which I was assuming was this unwanted pixel layer. I deleted it and it did not resolve. I cannot access the layers, they are not editable. Please help, the link above just explains how to save the file, which is not resolving my problem. Kindly, holly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I learned that Fresco exports a PDF vector file with a rasterized image composite of your vector drawing above the actual vector layers. When you open the PDF export in Illustrator, delete the pixelated top layer to reveal the vector layers beneath. This is an issue Adobe should address in a future Fresco update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment. It seems that the new update has this weird pixelated layer on top of the vector linework. I was going mad thinking it wasn't vectorized untill I saw this comments. Many thanks I really need it for my work!

So: Export form Fresco in PDF, open in illustator and delete the pixel layer on top of the vector layer. Done 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Puma. 

A customer brought this to our attention yesterday and we are working on a fix. 

Thanks for posting about  it.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

It's been 2 years since this post but I can seem to find that this issue is resolved. If it has been fixed could you please provide some instructions on how to take care of this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Blake, I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I gave up
and imported the files as a jpeg, sometimes making multiple jpg files to
get the objects isolated....then I just image traced them. I felt angry
about this because importing a pdf with workable vectors was a big selling
point and decision in the machine I purchased (surface pro).

Less than 2 months ago, I made a vector in Fresco and exported it as a
PDF...just for fun and giggles. It worked! I was able to edit the layers
and the layers looked good. One thing I did do immediately when I imported
the file (i make a lot of motifs against white) was clean it up by deleting
all the white shapes. If you have not done this, first select everything
and Ctrl G to ungroup the objects, then select one white shape, then from
the menu Select/Same/Fill Color...hit delete and all the white objects will
disappear.

Maybe take a few minutes to look through the layers to understand them,
name them, delete unwanted stuff, etc. before you start working.

I find Fresco to be problematic and it's always something with this
program. Best of luck with this, Holly

--
www.flux33.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Blake, I am sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I gave up and imported the files as a jpeg, sometimes making multiple jpg files to get the objects isolated....then I just image traced them. I felt angry about this because importing a pdf with workable vectors was a big selling point and decision in the machine I purchased (surface pro).

Less than 2 months ago, I made a vector in Fresco and exported it as a PDF...just for fun and giggles. It worked! I was able to edit the layers and the layers looked good. One thing I did do immediately when I imported the file (i make a lot of motifs against white) was clean it up by deleting all the white shapes. If you have not done this, first select everything and Ctrl G to ungroup the objects, then select one white shape, then from the menu Select/Same/Fill Color...hit delete and all the white objects will disappear. Then take a few minutes to look through the layers to understand them, name them, delete unwanted stuff, etc. before you start working. Gosh, I hope you get it to work, I was happy with it when I finally got to use this function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Im having the same problem but there doesnt seem to be a pixel layer above my vector layer that I can delete. I drew several layers with vector brushes in fresco but when I send the file to illustrator they are just coming through as vector image layers instead of vector layers. Weirdly one layer is coming through correctly though as a vector and the rest arent which makes me wonder if Ive somehow accidentally added a pixel brushstroke somewhere on each layer? I have no idea how. I have spent literally days drawing so if there's now way to get the layers back to proper vectors Im going to cry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too! All my vector layers are importing as vector layer images with no paths. Were you able to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Yes its a bit clunky but i figured out that a) its not me creating a pixel by accident as if you click the pixel brush it straight away creates a new layer (phew) and b) the work around is to export the file as a PDF and then open the PDF in illustrator. It comes through fine as vector layers then. 

They have a weird square over them which i didnt notice until i changed the fill and it filled the whole square but I found that if i just delete those 4 anchor points the rest is there as normal to edit. The other thing Ive realised is that the vectors need a lot of cleaning up to simplify paths and delete extra anchor points etc. and my images are so detailed that adobe keeps breaking when i use the path simplify so im going to be here for months but thats a whole other fault to log!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to report back, I fixed this problem by updating Illustrator! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still not able to solve this. How did you solve it? None of the above has worked so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated versions of illustrator and/or fresco seem to have solved it for me so i can now use the export to illustrator option within fresco and it works. The file arrives in illustrator as vector layers and looks as it should. Still lots of work to smooth lines and remove the extra points to bring the file size down but thats all. Maybe try the export again instead of saving to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines