• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Transparent background or layers

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to generate an image with a transparent background. Altrnantively, will there be a way to produce an image as file with layers so we can easily  remove the background? 

Idea No status
TOPICS
Communications , Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Thank you for your suggestion. At this moment, Firefly cannot create transparent backgrounds. This has been a highly requested feature that will be added to our backlog for discussion. (Merging all similar threads here so we can track the popularity of this feature request)

Votes

Translate

Translate
44 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion. At this moment, Firefly cannot create transparent backgrounds. This has been a highly requested feature that will be added to our backlog for discussion. (Merging all similar threads here so we can track the popularity of this feature request)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to get .png images with transparent backgrounds when I use prompts such as "icon for investment with transparent background"
Currently, some outputs show "fake transparent background (checked background)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My idea is basis the insight that your other products like Photoshop and Illustrator work on layers. Now Im thinking that if I could use a prompt to create a 'base' artwork but save it in layers ' diffuse' 'Global Illumination' 'Shadow' 'Highlight' etc, then I could actually work upon it further and improve my base AI generated prompt / artwork - thus speeding up my workflow and also helping me be nimble.

The analogy could be like when you export a music master - you also get the base tracks along with it thus allowing you to tweak as need be.

Just a suggestion 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

give us the ability to edit art as layers when it is finally out of beta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially to stand out against midjourney, for the target group of designers it would be much better to have the option to generate assets with transparent backgrounds and let us save it as png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When selecting graphic or art, the out out should have a minimum of three layers.  Background, subject, and foreground.  AI is amazing, but will always need to tweaking from Us humans.  This would give us ability to fine tune the output and potentially move to proper position some items. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Humberto292256112vme Merging your thread here so we can track the demand for certain features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If particular objects could be generated on layers, this could be even more transformative. This could use the same layering framework that Adobe Express also uses to make everything simple. Saving these layers out separately would be very cool also, or saving the file as a PSD like smart object.

Merging your thread here so we can track the demand for certain features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love the idea. I wish to be able to lock certain apsects of results (background/foreground/character/etc) and if these things were on layers, it seems like it would enable this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is true, and you could actually use the masking or inpainting functions that are in testing to get this done. The layering component would just add to this tools ecosystem and the Adobe way of doing things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be great if was possible to create multiple paralel prompts as layers for the composition. For instance an image isolated from the total composition that you can move around and scale overlapped with multiple similar instances. This way we'll have way more creation possibilities and control of the final imagery. I'm imagining something similar to Adobe Photoshop Layers Menu UI, but where each layer have a prompt/text commaand for AI and some feature to select and remove the "background" of each layer, similar to the Magic Wand. I hope it can be easily understood, I tried my best haha 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

It would be interesting to beable to program with text blendmodes either in intial image generation or while using a previously generated image as a reference. 

I created the the attached image in photoshop by taking two text-to-image creations and overlaying one ontop of the other with the linear light blend mode and a transparenscy of 42% with some masking around the mantis. 

Cheers,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If is possibile...can be interesting export file .psd with layers?

For me will be very interesting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an option to generate an object as a png with a transparent background

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be amazing to have the chance to make images with a transparent background and download them as PNG

Merging your thread here so we can track the demand for certain features. You can upvote the original post to let us know you want this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please enable download of the transparent png of the subject after removing background automatically .

generated new background usually destroys part of subject like fingers or similar. Having subject cutout would help later to overlap witg generated image nad have neat and clear subject inage in the final render.

Merging your thread here so we can track the demand for certain features. You can upvote the original post to let us know you want this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems possible to remove the background easily but i cant then download that image without the background which i might want for something like a game sprite

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saving the generated image with transparency

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly excels at creating whimsical characters. I'd like an option to create an image without a background, so that it's easy to bring that character into my own background for additional work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir not chane pic 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make it possible to download an image with a removed/Empty background

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that while using Generative Fill, if i remove the background of an image and then download the image, the download still has the background. Im not sure if this has always been the case or it has just began happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For laser cutting/ etching designs in a highschool setting, it would be great to tick a box that ensures that no background is generated. 

E.g. if someone types 'bird logo' and selects graphic or artwork.

There is a desire for there to be no artifacts in the background to clean up as a second step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this feature under edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a traditional artist/graphic artist. I've only been using Firefly for about a week.

When I start a project, I already have a clear idea in my head of what I want to create and I can freely create at will. However, with Ai, I feel I am severely hampered because I already have a vision/concept. I feel I need a high level of control of what I am prompting the Ai to do.

For example, I recently wanted to do a scene of a family. Two parents and one child, but I kept getting random races, sexes, body types, etc. that didn't fit what I had in mind. It feels like every time I generate it's a bit of a dice roll.

Perhaps there is a way to offer greater control. LAYERS. 
What if we could assign a Layer to each character/item in the image, as well as one for the background. The layers would need to be linked somehow so that they could interact with each other. But I feel this would give an all new level of control to Ai, especially for people who already have a vision of what they want to create.

Votes

Translate

Translate