• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track matte pick whip – modifier to NOT turn off matte visibility

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I haven't tried the right combination of modifier keys but this feels like an opportunity to save a few clicks. I'd like to select a layer matte without the matte layer disappearing. I'm currently selecting the matte layer with the pick-whip or dropdown menu, then turning the matte layer visibility back on with the eye icon.

Idea Acknowledged
TOPICS
UI and UX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

There isn't a modifier key implemented as yet, but we are talking about it if/when we could add it.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: I absolutely love selectable Track Mattes. I use them quite a lot right now, but more often than not I find myself needing the Track Matte layer to still be visible. Could this be realized with a shortcut perhaps? Maybe Shift-Pickwhip will leave the visibility of the layer on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a modifier key implemented as yet, but we are talking about it if/when we could add it.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also love ot see this. With this new system there are many times I want to keep a visible art layer as a matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1. These days, I'm keeping my matte layers visible as often as I want them hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently wish this was the default behavior but a modifier key would do just as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt+Pickwhip would be good for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Comparisons to the Shift+select or ALT+select parenting behavior definitely make sense here, though we obviously have more options and this can get complex quickly! Between this and the ability to easily create luma or inverted mattes without additional clicks, there are some great opportunities to save users time, though.

Personally, I'd probably lobby for Shift+select keeping the matte visible, as that's the one I'm most likely to use more often, and I feel like that aligns with the "move me to parent" behavior already in my brain. But ALT/Opt maybe makes more sense .... conceptually?

Honestly, between CTRL/CMD, ALT/Opt & Shift, I don't know that I have strong feelings about which maps to which function, as long as we get them!

Votes

Translate

Translate