• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Revert UI to older Camera Raw UI (12.2.1) after Interface Changes

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after updating photoshop , when i opened it for the first time there was option to use camera raw as it is (vertical film) or to change it to new UI (with new look and horizontal filmstrip ), i just clicked new UI to see how it looks , i thought if i dont like it i will just go back to using older UI but there is no option to select older UI , i contacted adobe but person who was helping me just suggested that i should install older version of camera raw or ask for help from this forum , i found it bit frustrating that if there was simple option to choose new UI so why not give option to revert back to older UI with newly updated software. maybe its bug or adobe forcing people to use new UI even if they dont like it

Idea Declined Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Thank you for continuing to provide valuable feedback on the recent UI changes in Adobe Camera Raw 12.3. For some customers these changes have disrupted existing workflows, particularly for in-process projects. To mitigate these issues we have offered a roll back to version 12.2.1 so that you can continue your current projects under the old UI.

Adobe updated the Camera Raw user interface for several reasons. The new design supports commonly-requested features, such as a horizontal filmstrip, a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020
If you want to refer to 12.2.1, you can do so here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
788 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click and hold on the film strip icon in the lower left corner. That will give you a contextual menu with the choice for vertical or horizontal film strip.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I don’t think that the dialog gave you a choice between the old and new interface. It just explained the new interface, because AFAIK there is no choice. If you do not want the new interface at all, then you shouldn’t update to 12.3 at all.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this only changes position to vertical , doesnt change whole UI to way it used to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well it for sure did give option to keep using old UI or select new UI even with updated software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the new Camera Raw 12.3...

And now the GUI is really cluttered and an absolut step backwards!
This must be a Joke...

Please give us the Possibility to revert to the old GUI!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Cropping - why the function doesn't work, "limit to image". In the old version, you could crop outside the image. Now only within the image. Whatever option you choose.
2. Zooming - works only in the style of Ligtroom. If I wanted to choose a lightroom, I would choose Lightroom. Traditional zoom does not work. The selection option in the preferences does not work.
3. Why is the automatic preset preview still available? It really slows down work. It serves nothing.
4. The tools at the top of Interface were more convenient. For example, the transition from cropping to image straightening was intuitive and fast. Now you need to open some cards ... In addition, there is plenty of undeveloped space at the top. You have placed all buttons and functions on the right. They are strangled like mice in the corner. It is not convenient to use. etc. etc ...
Adobe — why are you changing this? Why change something that works well for long time? Again ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated ACR. Made a huge mistake and accidently clicked a wrong button on an Adobe pop up that covered what I was trying to work on in Birdge. It let Adobe totally scramble the location of everything in ACR. Can't find anything that will revert back to what I had so I can get on with my work. Moving everything from the first floor to the second floor and everything from the second floor to the first floor is not appreciated no matter how much some low level techy at Adobe thinks it proves to their boss what they can do. Any help in this DIY forum will be appreciated. Oh, and the Creative Cloud window says I don't have internet service. So, if you're reading this know that Adobe was wrong with that as well. I'm on hold on the telephone and also with Adobe chat. Will see who can resolve this Adobe screw up first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are right ,
No option to extend canvas in crop anymore.
no option to move tools from right to top or anywhere else
UI dont feel smooth even with 32gb ram i7 9th gen
Even removed save button in bottom and moved open images also to right side

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there should be option to revert back ,adobe help person suggested use older version and above Johan replied that i should not update, i mean seriously so bad  response and suggestion from Adobe and Johan both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. I am so not a fan of the new RAW UI. Been fighting with it all day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a long time Adobe fan. I have been a professional photographer and photojournalist for many years and I currently own a graphic design company. As a long-time Cloud subscriber, I have always been okay with the changes and updates Adobe has put in place. However, the latest Camera RAW update is absolutely terrible. The drop-down tabs require me to scroll down thus slowing my workflow, the layout is counterintuitive, everything is renamed, moved and regrouped, and it looks like a cheap 1980's Atari video game. I, my colleagues, and my staff, absolutely hate it. I have always relied on Adobe Bridge, RAW, and Photoshop for my workflow as I never liked Lightroom. I understand the new RAW is more like Lightroom, but I never liked Lightroom. I have to say, for the first time in 10 years, I am considering dropping the Adobe Cloud from all my business and personal computers. Please Adobe, I beg you, for the love of God, give the old RAW UI back to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too dislike LR. However, after using the new UI for a while, I found easier and faster to use. For the issue of scrolling down so much set the tab expansion in the preferences to single. That drove me nuts also. The curves are much improved in that you don't have to use dropdown boxes to change the channels. You can set the localized tools to either be zeroed of remember the last settings - check box at the bottom of the panel. 

I think that after you used it for a bit, you will find it better than the old UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genau so geht es mir! Ich habe mich einen Vormittag lang mit dem neuen RAW Converter gequält und ebenfalls über eine andere Software nachgedacht. Jetzt habe ich die neueste Photoshop Version durch eine ältere ersetzt und eine ältere Version vom RAW Converter heruntergeladen und installiert.

Den neuen RAW Converter finde ich unübersichtlich und unpraktisch, die Nähe zu Lightroom ist für mich absolut uninteressant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely is the worst update ever done by Adobe. Everything is crammed on the right side and the text is so small it's unreadable on a 17" laptop. I've been using Photoshop since CS2 but I simply can't use this version of ACR. Give us the option of reverting to the prior version. I can live without the few new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for years it beats me - in Windows, when I hover with mouse over a slider position (and/or over related numeric input field) - why in the world developer can't let me change the values with a mouse wheel 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and why I can't have an option in a new ACR UI __NOT__ to have star rate & thrash can visible to me @ the bottom ? why I can't position tool tab back on top ? why so much blank space is wasted @ the bottom of ACR window now ? get those people some training in usability

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, as you can do in LR. You can hover above the slider which activates the double arrow keys which allows you to drag left to right but it's not the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can click on the little icon, in the bottom, left to get rid of the filmstrip(blank space?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we uninstall these updates? I have lost use of Camera Raw entirely and need to get on with things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I can’t verify that, but I doubt it. AFAIK, the new version only comes with the new UI.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. On top of the uncomfortable UI, cropping is working extremly slow now. I want to downgrade back to 12.2. Where can i download v12.2 from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too.If i want UI like LR I should use LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this isn't the forum where you should be voicing your opinion about the new interface because it is a user to user forum. I'm just a user, and I actually like the new UI. But as I indicated in another thread, two or three years ago Adobe introduced a new import dialog in Lightroom that nobody liked and users complained so much that Adobe changed back to the old method. There's another forum where the developers monitor much more closely, and that's where you should be voicing your opinion. Here is a link to that forum:

Photoshop family - Camera Raw and DNG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, not just the vertical film strio. We prefer the old UI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another topic was merged with the current one. 
We want the whole old UI reverted back.
This new UI is unusable when doing radial filter adjusment. Very backward update.

Votes

Translate

Translate