• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Duplicates check and delete inside Lightroom classic

Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great that we could make a Search for Duplicate files inside Lightroom . I know there are plugins but they have their limitations like not being able to sort automatically and delete the duplicate files. You have to do it manually if they are exactly the same .

As catalogues can sometimes by user error get full of duplicated if you are not careful it would be great to have such a feature and not only during import

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (classic and cloud) need a way of finding all duplicates. IMported duplicates, as well as duplicates in folders that need synchronizing. 

This is a feauture that has been asked for over at least 8 years. 

There are third party plugins, but that should not be neccessary.

We are all paying our fee every month, and you keep giving us features we don't need / want, without giving us actually useful features. 

WE NEED THE ABILITY TO FIND AND HANDLE DUPLICTES

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include the ability to remove duplicate photo/videos. Thanks!

This seems like a very simple feature to add and would be a very valuable time saving tool to manage photo catalogs that is very time consuming for a user but can be done in seconds by a computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Lightroom photos (Classic ) suddenly mutiplied and mixed up photo files etc and looks like I will loose most of photos as too many to go through manually. Please develop a system to help in these situations.  

Votes

Translate

Translate