• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add ability to Sync LR Classic Collection Sets

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add ability to Sync LR Classic Collection Sets and LR CC Folders!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
42 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria Bampton (Lightroom Queen) wrote: "The existing cloud sync functionality will remain in LR Classic, so you can sync with any of the Lightroom CC apps including the iOS/Android apps, but no new sync functionality will be added to Classic (so keywords and collection hierarchy won’t sync)."

But if enough people provide feedback, maybe Adobe will change their minds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wholeheartedly agree with Tomas. PLEASE add the ability to sync collection sets, as the folder hierarchy makes all the difference when trying to find the right projects if you have years of photos like I do. PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Creating Collection Sets from Folders"  is a very welcome new feature on Lightroom Classic 7.2, but there's one important thing missing, unfortunately:  The newly created nested Collection Set only maintains its structure on Lightroom desktop;  if shared to Lightroom Mobile, the structure disappears on all synched mobile devices.  I hope Adobe fixes that soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of collection sets that I would like to sync to mobile and work within that structure one my iPad Pro. It is tedious, to individually sync dozens of collections inside a set, then have them appear on mobile as individual collections, rather than part of a set. This is one of a few issues that has me thinking that LR CC for Mobile isn’t ready for pro users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget to vote for this request 🙂

FYI (maybe you know it) but in LR Classic, it is possible to drag folders into collections to create collections based (and named) as the folders 🙂
A huge timesaver for the sync function. Still waiting for better sync features but they won't be devlopped on LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 from my side. This seems to be such an obvious feature. As recommended I use collection sets to organize my photos and is annoying having to move collections manually after they have been syncrhonized. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically Folders in LR mobile are the same as Collectoion Sets in LR Classic. It would be great if it will be possible to sync them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to stay organized on both platforms I find myself manually recreating Folders in CC to match the Collection Sets in Classic or the other way around. Seems like such an obvious thing to sync these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Lightroom Classic show the actual hierarchy from the cloud?

Naming albums "Grandparent folder : Parent : Actual album name" is bush-league junk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel123123, Adobe's current position is that no new sync functionality will be added to Classic - so folders created in Lightroom Mobile or Desktop will never sync to Classic. Nevertheless, when Adobe hears from enough people they sometimes change their position. Click on Vote at the top of this thread (that your post was moved to) to add your voice to this request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1
Adobe, listen to user feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please consider an exception to updating sync features in Classic for this. I am now getting a fair bit of use from Lightroom in addition to Classic because I’m publishing my photos via Portfolio. However, due to many of the features in Classic that are not yet available in Lightroom, my workflow needs both. Having collection sets in Classic sync with folders would make things much easier. 
Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this goes far deeper than just synchronizing Collections/Sets. Lr in general has one of advantages over Photoshop and that is organization of photos. This was totally okay in Classic and worked just fine. With the rise of CC which needs the organization even more to communicate the hierarchy on all devices synced, this is not the case as it looks so far. In CC you can just create Folders which in Classic I used for years and sub-folders for each photoshoots and Collection for combining them to categories like Portrait, landscape etc, social media etc. 
I believe they will struggle and we as well until they don't put great though how to make the organization understandable and sync able. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I used Lr CC (which includes LrMobile, LrWeb and LrCC for pc) for the first time, I have made Collection Sets as for Commercial photography, Portraits etc. When I used CC, these were not present just the albums within.

On the other hand, When I created Folder inside CC and moved some of the albums to it, this transfer to another folder was not synced with Classic and they stayed in old Collection sets.

And on top of that, when I create completely new album in CC, this shows in Classic in Collection set with name "From Lightroom" which would be okay for unorganized albums but when I moved these albums in CC to the folder which is not shown in Classic, this move was not synced and these albums stayed in "From Lightroom" collection set within Classic. 

This makes it not possible to sync organization of the folders and albums and makes it a total mess from the one of most important features of lightroom over photoshop. ORGANIZATION OF PHOTOS.

I hope this workflow can be clarified to me as a feature or it is a quite a big problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t quite understand how we have Lightroom Classic & CC together and collection sets are not synced. ITs quite literally taken me months to set up a structure in Classic that I can’t exactly replicate in CC. Each actual collection of mine is titled “Full Shoot” so if I were to sync all actual collections I’d end up with thousands all named the same thing. 

I don’t see the hurdle with a collection set equalling a folder request in CC containing the actual collection. This cant be difficult to code!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! Seems so obvious and simple to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t look for a technical explanation. Thy’ve decided to stop sync features development and bug solving for Classic. Same goes for keywords, stacks, labels, edit history... it’s just as it is: crippled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. Hopefully if people like Jay keep explaining their use case and how the crippling affects them, our voice may be heard by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meh... I've been using LR, suggesting features and reporting bugs for long enough to not expect anything anymore. I'm staying for a couple of key features and out of laziness, but I'm more and more looking for alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tempted to start posting videos on YouTube / Twitter tagging Adobe in related to user experience with this application.

I cant believe how long it takes for basic core functionality to be rolled out. This last update just makes me exhale in disappointment.
The major remaining issues for me are sync (collection sets).
General performance still is miles off being what it should be. 
UI improvements (being able to change the overall color from dark to something brighter) and for the love of God a grid system that does away with everything except maybe a tiny border per picture!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Chris Brown.
Adobe will say Subscribe to the Cloud Centric Lightroom version and run both on your computer. That version Does Do what you want.
End of Discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jay, unless you're a big one like Fro or Tony Northrup starting to complain, I'm afraid it won't change anything. As long as the subscriptions are ok, it won't change anything.

@Just Shot Me, there are hundreds of very good reasons NOT to want to switch to Cloudy. Arguing another software does a fraction of what's requested is not very helpful. You could suggest to switch to Google Photos or iCloud for what it's worth ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not suggest anything. I STATED WHAT ADOBE would, will, say.

And What Is Cloudy? (I know what it is referring to but it is a very poor nickname).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, that "you" was meant as an impersonal you. I'm sorry if my phrasing was open for interpretation. I agree, it's their leitmotiv: cloud cloud cloud. But I also stand by it: cloudy does not respond to the needs of many people so can not be seen as an option.

It's clear to me the focus has shifted from classic towards the cloud version (what many people call "Cloudy" since the naming is very confusing).
And here is when a rep or champion will pop by stating "it's not true, our focus has not shifted" 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Coca-Cola company had a similar misstep with their New Coke. The original product formulation was quickly brought back as Coke Classic. Seven years later the New Coke product (AKA Coke II) was discontinued. It's a little cloudy concerning what will happen here so I think the name fits.

Votes

Translate

Translate