• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: AI Culling

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being a wedding photographer our utmost need is AI Culling ( selection of content with a given criteria ) after storage & proper correction Because it will take most of the time of us to share best images to cliant So Just for culling we have to move towards other application rest all can be manage by lightroom so i thing they should add this feature as soon as possible to help wedding photographers need thanks

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
32 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which criteria would be helpful for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which criteria would be helpful for you?
1] composition
2] aesthetics & emotions
3}Frowing, eyes closed , Duplicates
4} looking elsewhere , Blurry image
& last if possible Sneak preview of social media
thanks
Dharmesh N Mehta
dharmeshnm@gmail.com
Digital Designer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1] composition
2] aesthetics & emotions
3}Frowing, eyes closed , Duplicates 
4} looking elsewhere , Blurry image
& last if possible Sneak preview of social media 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you don't mind... I'll suggest a slightly different approach to the criteria/algorithm.  🙂  (I agree this would be super useful!)

1) AI recommended REJECTS.   (eg. set the reject-flag, let me confirm.  Might really want to have "two levels" of rejection-- a firm-reject and a probably-reject so I know which ones to look more closely at)
- out of focus

- eyes closed

- "same photo" ... reject all but one or two

- (maybe/secondary) in a group shot, eyes not looking at the camera 
- (maybe/secondary) object blocking the subject's face.  (I shoot sports.. this happens ALL THE TIME)

- (maybe/secondary) "quality of smiles" for main subject and the group

- (maybe/secondary) highlights blown *in the subject*

2) AI Recommended "Best shot" of each group  (flag as pick?)
Use the secondary criteria (eyes open, looking at camera, good smiles) ... add in some composition analysis (though this can be corrected with cropping)/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if Adobe could focus their energy on creating AI solutions for the loyal customers who have been paying for a subscription for years. Speaking specifically Wedding Editing here, it's frustrating that we have to pay for 3rd party options (like Imagen AI photo editing and Narrative Select image culling) to be used with Lightroom Classic. If Adobe can enable Photoshop to add alien UFO's, lakes and snow capped mountains into an image, why can't they enable Lightroom Classic to perform batch editing and tasks via machine learning? (i.e. so that we don't need any additional software or plugins)

I'd love to hear that Adobe is considering this in future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, please consider merging with this idea:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-ai-culling/idi-p/13738692

and perhaps expanding the subject line. Two wedding photographers asking for similar but not identical sets of AI features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis thanks for that. Yes essentially we're talking about the same thing (culling) - but I have also mentioned actual photo editing/batch edits. I'd suggest Adobe look into Imagen AI (for photo/batch editing) and Narrative Select OR Aftershoot (for image culling).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It would be great if Adobe could focus their energy on creating AI solutions for the loyal customers who have been paying for a subscription for years. "

They do. I'm a "loyal" customer, and I'm delighted with the image quality-related AI improvements we've had of late...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the idea of AI Culling. I am looking for something similar to what can be found in Aftershoot, where the program is able to cull based on lack of sharpness, emotions, facial features, eyes being closed, etc. Since Lightroom Classic excels at being an organizational tool, it would be very useful to have one of those organizational features be assistance with culling based on those factors or others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Keith Reeder good on you. I'm not quite delighted. Same with many others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a loyal customer since LR 4, but I'm not a wedding photographer.  And I suspect that the majority of LrC subscribers are also not wedding photographers.

If the earliest possible availability of this feature is important to wedding photographers, I suggest a GoFundMe campaign to allow Adobe to create a specialized team just focused on this feature..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if an AI-enabled feature can allow better facial recognition results.  Right now, facial recognition does a very poor job of identifying people in photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say a company whos networth has incresed over 35% in the past year and is worth over $240 Billion doesnt need self-employed wedding photographers to pay them to stay current lol. They can afford it just fine lol. Plus culling is benefitial to many many other types of photographers other than wedding photographers. Its available, they already are integrating AI, so they can afford to roll it out for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the idea of a help for culling images. Not only for wedding photographers but all photographers. We have seen some improvement in Develop panel, but the data managemement part of LR hasn't evolved much since ages.

On a purely pragmatic point, however, I'm not so confident to see such improvements in LRc. Here is why: it has been quite obvious the emphasis is now towards cloud management and computing. (in the end, with LR 'could', Adobe is selling sotrage space over anything else). Evidence for this is the strict boundary between LRc and LR 'cloud': key catalog features such as stacks, people, keyword, ... just don't sync.

I have much higher hopes regarding AI featers that's run locally such as for image processing. Features which can be carried over from and to CR, PS, ...

For cataloging features, however, I fear any improvement will be done in the cloud but won't be available in LRc. Speaking of which, there is "Choose Best Photos" on the cloud version:

AntoineHLMN_0-1691323362469.jpeg

with options:

AntoineHLMN_1-1691323392568.jpeg

I can see this tool being improved over time, but I'm not expecting anything similar in LRc, sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a long time Lr user and Ps user, I would love to see this a feature, agree with most of the comments so far.

I don't really want to pay a 3rd party to cull but it's looking this way.

I would like to see a feature that culls,

a. blurred images

b. closed eyes

c.duplications

Being a wedding photographer and going through images that are or are not blurred is time consuming.
I would really love to see Adobe pic this up in Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be surprised (pleasantly) if Adobe would add this into Classic but for all your info, you can get Adobe's AI to choose images for you NOW. If you go to the web version of Lightroom, there is a AI "choose best photos" tool that you can apply to collections synced to the cloud from Classic. It works surprisingly well but it is a bit opaque what criteria they use. It does seem to be composition, color, exposure, people in the picture with open eyes, etc. but unclear indeed. A user controllable AI suggestion tool would be fantastic. In this example below, it clearly favors shots with animals over landscapes 😉

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 8.28.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're working on this right? that's why it's so quiet, com'n people make some noise to get this to happen.
This is what we need, not some third party software to go back and forth with.
Come on Adobe, if you can do Generative fill in Ps, why can't we have this Ai culling in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If, and that's a big if, Adobe was to develop something along the lines being described, then very likely the AI models would reside server side (much as they do now for Lr web's 'Choose Best Photos' feature as oultlined by @Jao vdL above. As such, it's much more likely to turn up in Lightroom Desktop, which is already using server side AI models for face detection, keywording, etc. Lr Classic isn't part of the cloud ecosystem and Adobe have shown no interest to date in changing that any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that we need ai tools. 

Although I am not a wedding photographer, it would be helpful for Adobe to classify for me based on specific criteria such as columns, design, locations, colors etc.  

When I take a picture on my iPhone, and it gets backed up in Google, I can search that library via any keyword. For example, dog on a motorcycle, women in pigtails, woman in kimono, etc etc etc. 

I am not sure why a company as advanced as adobe isn't able to provide this for us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why a company as advanced as adobe isn't able to provide this for us

They are perfectly able to provide this. They just won't add any cloud sync (and by extension cloud based AI) features to Classic anymore as they have publicly stated. So we are quite unlikely to ever get this in Classic. As stated above it works in the cloud version if you sync from classic to the cloud and then you can use the AI search and AI culling features in the web interface. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ust jumping into the conversation about AI culling in Lightroom. Honestly, it's high time Adobe brought this feature on board. With everything moving so fast in the tech world, having AI to help sort through and pick the best shots is not just cool, it's essential.

Think about it - AI culling would be a major breakthrough for all of us. It's not just about saving time (which is huge), but it's also about staying ahead in the photography game. We all want to snap those perfect shots, and AI could really help us nail it by focusing on what really matters in our photos.

Adobe, rolling this out would be a massive win for everyone using Lightroom, especially us who have been around for a while. It's the kind of update that keeps Lightroom at the top. Can't wait to see this happen!

Thanks for making Lightroom awesome and looking forward to this game-changer.!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With AI culling, I see a situation where you have to explain to the customer that AI deleted the only photo you had of their aged Aunt Susie who recently passed away.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are a high volume shooter of any kind and are not using Photo Mechanic for culling, you are just wasting a lot of valuable time.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KR Seals the culling can be specific to certain parts of the day, i.e. family photos or parts of the portrait session (eyes closed etc). Yes of course we don't want to remove photos of Aunt Susie. 

Re Photo Mechanic, there is no difference in culling in LrC (with previews built) and Photo Mechanic nowadays. Perhaps 5-10 years ago yes, but not anymore (trust me I've tested this)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, if you work with commercial orders, you always have copies of the originals before handing over the photos to the client. If not, then you need to look for a job in another profession - for example, as a cashier at Walmart or McDonald's. Secondly, nothing prevents you from manually adding a photo if it wasn't selected by the AI

Votes

Translate

Translate