• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Color Labels

Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added thousands of photos (other than those in Synced Catalogs) and now I cannot differentiate them other than by the standard filters provided because I have used color labels to identify certain criteria. Color labels are just as important as Flags, Please add them!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , tvOS: Apple TV , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 146 Replies 146
146 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input. I would like to turn this into an Idea so it gets logged as a feature request but want to be clear that you are taking about Lightroom CC, is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am talking about the new cloud based Lightroom cc. I have many collections in Lightroom cc classic that have been synced but within those collections I have categorised by Color label, which I now cannot see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color labels aren't supported yet but your opinion matters so I'll change this to an Idea so it gets more attention and hopefully more votes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In lightroom Classic, I had based all my workflow steps on color labels.

Without support of color labels in the new Lightroom CC, my workflow is broken and I didn't find a good workaround until now.

Please can you add support to color label in Lightroom CC ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add support for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input, Arturo! Don't forget to click the "Vote" box at the top right of the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also important to me. While I use ratings and picks, I also use color labels to add an additional dimension of metadata to my photos. For example, I use color labels for marking photos that I plan on having professionally printed, and another color label for photos that will be published to 500px (all photos that are printed will also be published online, so there's an implied hierarchy here).

In absence of support for color labels in Lightroom CC, I've adopted a convoluted workflow of using picks as a proxy for color labels: I then filter by picks in Lightroom Classic, apply the appropriate color label to the selected photos, clear the flag, and then do a second pass in Lightroom CC to apply the actual flag to the collection. This is clearly suboptimal, and a frustrating workaround.

That said, even having initial read-only support for color labels would be a welcome improvement, acknowledging that Lightroom CC isn't going to have full feature parity with Lightroom Classic.

Thank you for considering this feature. (And, yes, I've voted!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very important to me as well. This organizational tool is no less important than flags or ratings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been the biggest obstacle to me adopting a Lightroom CC mobile workflow. I really like the ease and simplicity of making basic edits and ratings on e.g. my tablet, while doing more serious edits in Lightroom Classic CC. But without the ability to view, set, or filter by color labels in Lightroom CC, this becomes really disruptive to my workflow. Ratings and flags are useful, but they're not sufficient for sorting through large collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a company that prides itself on the visual, removing this functionality is slightly ironic.  Please bring it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input, Tim!

Don't forget to click the "Vote" box at the top of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Color labels are very handy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add color label sync, as well as keyword sync, to Lightroom CC.  It is very annoying not having these features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colour labels are an essential part of my workflow along with smart collections. Would be a great help to have these in CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like the new Lightroom CC and for someone with a large Catalogue I think it will work well along side Lightroom Classic CC however I would really like to be able to Colour Code images within Lightroom CC. I hope this is in the pipeline for an upcoming release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding and filtering by colour labels is a crucial part of my workflow. In the latest Lightroom Classic Version I was able to add colour labels, but am unable to "filter and view" by the assigned labels. Is there a workaround for this? Please help since this is disrupting my entire workflow. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to be able to add color labels as its apart of my workflow.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to switch from Lightroom Classic CC to the new Lightroom CC, but the lack of color labels is the last major feature keeping me from doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With labeling being such a big part of many workflows. Adding this only makes sense, just adding it to the filter list will solve the need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote here for prioritizing the addition of color labels as used in Classic so they are automatically available in synced folders in CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, color labels are important for my workflow, too. For the time being, Lightroom CC is of no use at all because of the lack of color labels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Lightroom Classic for years, and have only started using LR CC recently, but now I don't know how useful it is if I can't filter by color labels, let alone see them in CC. Having only stars (which I never use because it can give the wrong impression to clients) and flags as means to filter is not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about using keywords as an alternative? You could even add keywords called label_red or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it might work but what is so hard about giving back the colour label?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's called a workaround Dave 😉 No, seriously, I've voted on the request as I'd like to see it added too, but some people need solutions in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate