• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Share folders

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom CC I can only share albums. I like this option, but I need it also for folders. At the moment I export all photos for my clients to Dropbox. They have permission to see specific folder with the folders (albums) for events inside.

For example:

Client 1
- Event 1
- Event 2
- Event 3

Client 2
- Event 4
- Event 5

Client 3
- Event 1
- Event 4

When I have the option to share folders in Lightroom I can cancel my activity in Dropbox, because in Lightroom CC I can change something on the photos an my clients will see this change without extra export. For this it would be also necessary to have one photo in more than one album.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
55 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I have Lightroom just for personal use but I also want to share more events (albums) with specific people. I do not understand  why it is not possible to share Folders. If you have something against sharing folders, let us create albums inside another albums we cal share! 

It is also impossible to share multiple selected albums. So If you want to share more events, you have to send them one by one like an idiot.

This should be in feature request category by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this option too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please, Adobe! Please implement this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, ideally I’d like to have multiple collaborative Catalogs but will be voting for this nevertheless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So annoying that you can't do this. It is the missing link at the moment that is stopping me from fully using Lightroom CC,

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be an AMAZING feature. Even just one tier of folder sharing would be enough. If I could share a whole folder called summer 2018, and then have sub-albums for each session of camp (I run a summer camp) parents would LOVE it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this in consideration process already? This should have been implemented already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All feature requests are under consideration, but Adobe doesn't announce their plans for new features until they're ready to ship, so no clues on timescales or whether it'll make the cut anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please!! We NEED this feature. Pleaasseeee!!!! Make it happen Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll add my comment here to hopefully give this some more juice. This is a great feature that I’d love to see implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need this feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this feature would be great. I share photos of my boys with their dad, and rather than have to create lots of new links each time I send him photos. It would be great for him to just have the one link to a folder, and I can add albums to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for supporting this idea. Make sure to click "VOTE" on the upper right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this feature would be very useful. As an event photographer, it would be great to be able to share each of the events from a multi-day conference.

This should be combined with making the Share Album to Web feature a bit more robust, so that it can replace my SmugMug site without the quantity limitations of Adobe Portfolio or having to use the social-focused Behance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we please have the ability to share Folders in Lightroom CC as well as Albums - A much needed functionality!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just sad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add my voice to the list of requesters. PLEASE let us share folders/subfolders as well as Albums

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My user case: I am involved in a student club, my photos are organized in four folders: public events, meetings, our common room and our inventory. Each of them has a number of albums inside as we are fairly active (about 10 events each year, meetings every monday, you get the idea). It is impossible to go to lower granularity while maintaining the ease of navigation for my fellow members.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have nearly 30K photos that I am archiving for my family. 

The sharing functionality is rich for albums and even individual pix, but folders...why can't we share folders?

This would make this Lightroom as close to perfect as one can get! 

Please, pretty please, with sugar on top!

Please free me from having to set individual permissions on hundreds of albums. Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They DO NOT CARE (just to say it politely). I think there are more than enough evidence for it. Just forget about feature requests and bug reports and accept the fact Adobe doesn't give an excrement about it's customers and improving the product according to heir needs. We, as users, have to move on !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely no other feature missing from Lightroom comes even remotely close to my need for this. But it's very, VERY clear that the Lightroom devs have never implemented anything on a folder lever. They've always been ignore and completely wasted potential in Lightroom Classic. When they announced this new "cloud focused" and collaborative and sharing centric new CC app, I thought to myself, "finally! They'll have no excuse not to improve their sharing options and FINALLY use the folders for something". But, no, they did absolutely nothing with them and just left them stagnant and useless as they've always been. I don't hold my breath about ever seeing this feature implemented. It would be an absolute miracle for them to do so. As is, I'm still using Lightroom Classic and its sync features with SmugMug, where I can properly share and organize massive family photo scan archives. It's ridiculously tedious, because the sync stuff in Classic ALSO has no interest in doing anything at folder levels, and only at gallery levels, but at least it can get the photos to somewhere that CAN be used for sane sharing of big archives of organized stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So say we all!

Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate