• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add option to set different type of Fill as a default (Content Aware, Generative).

Engaged ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frank_B_0-1710174453995.png

Right now the default is Background and when working with batch of photos and we need to crop-extend the image edges it requires repetetive task of changing fill type. Not only that. After chenging the fill type, arrow keystrokes don't move the crop grid/frame anymore but they navigate between the fill type.

Please add option to set default Fill as:
- Background
- Content Aware
- Generative (additionally with no pop-up text field when we don't want to add anything extra).

Thanks.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Generative Fill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Frank_B thank you for your suggestion. Could you walk us through your workflow from start to finish so the team understands what issues you are seeing along the workflow?

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for asking. Here is example how changing type of Fill is affecting the arrows keystrokes (no longer moving the image):
https://streamable.com/6zp8de

In terms of the default Fill type I might have been wrong as I thought it's always Background as default but Photoshop seems to remember the last used type of Fill which kind of solves my case.

EDIT:
Correction, as I initially thought the type of Fill is by default Background. So this is not user friendly in my case.
Example. I open 5 photos from Lightroom in Photoshop (ctr-e) and the Fill by default is set to Background. Switching to Content Aware in the first opened image doesn't seem to affect the settings in other opened images which means it needs to be done manually every time. But if I do this in the beginning of the cropping process it means I can't use arrow keystrokes for the precise cropping movement.
Hope this makes sense.
The solution would be an option to set a default Fill type.
Additionally it would be useful if changing the fill type wouldn't take over the arrow keystrokes functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate