• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI generating bleed area beyond trim line

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every so often I run into a situation where I've created a full bleed design but when I go to set it up to print I realize that I forgot to include the bleed area past the trim line. Where this is especially annoying is when it is a photograph or piece of art that I don't really want to enlarge to account for the bleed.

A work around is copying and then reflecting the image on each edge and butting it up against the trim line. Also, you can generative fill the bleed area. Both of those tactics work, but they are annoying.

It would be awesome if there was a simple button to press where you said "create bleed" and you could set the size of the bleed you wanted and AI would just generate the bleed for you without any fuss. This would have to be in Photoshop.

Maybe this is just a me problem, lol, but we have the technology!!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more. It's a shame this kind of stuff doesn't seem to be on people's AI radar - useful, meat and potatoes stuff that would take the drudgery out of daily work.

e.g.
If you ever do signage/billboards/outdoor where characters and/or objects are cut-out, you have to clear-cut the character, add bleed around the clearcut portion (hair, clothes, skin etc), then supply a vector knife path. Day-in, day-out.

AI could easily make this kind of work a thing of the past, including the high-quality, vector knife - right?

If Adobe isn't training AI on drawing bezier curves, they absolutely should be.

And Adobe, forget the design by comittee approach to ideas and votes etc. Take more of a leadership role and get this sorted because despite only two upvotes, surely you can see how everyone would benefit hugely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Content Aware Fill has made this much simpler, but not always perfect. Filter > Other > Minimum can also be of use for tight bleed tolerances. Yes, more work could be done in this area (even if nobody cares about print production anymore), I have added my vote!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/adding-bleeds-to-an-outlined-photo/m-...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/how-to-bleed-photos-with-diecut-shape...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/adding-bleed-to-complex-stickers/m-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate