• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request: Manage recent files (remove & pin)

Explorer ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things bug me about the 'recent' opening screen.

1.  Sometime I edit something personal on my work PC and don't want it showing up whenever I open up Photoshop. I can't remove just 1 item from recents (apart from renaming the file and clicking it in recents). I would love to have a little X at the top right of every thumbnail which removes and item from recent files.
  2. There are files I have to use on a regular basis but not enough to stay in recents. I would love to have a little heart- or pin-icon on the top left of every thumbnail which keeps files on the top of the recent-list.

A quick example to get the impression:

recents.png

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My responses to a similar question may be of interest to you. It's not exactly like removing recent files from the recent files list in PS, but it'll still work for me until Adobe decides to implement it in PS itself. Knowing what I know about the preference files, implementing such a feature within PS and knowing how to manipulate preferences more efficiently it probably trivial to do. It's hard to understand why they haven't done so yet. 😞

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-ability-to-remove-specific-files-from-the...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to add one last message to show that I am indeed for real and my intentions are honourable.

After setting up PS 2023 to show some recently used sizes and files, this is a screenshot of the before and after for the execution of my app. Launching it and selecting items I wanted to delete took less than 10 seconds. It may not be as nice as doing this right from PS itself, but it’ll work for me until Adobe does something about it.

If you’re one of the millions on Facebook, look for David Vongrad and send me a PM if you’re interested. Alternatively, contact me at dvongrad66@hotmail.com. Unless there’s anything more from anyone needing my input, I’ll leave it here and wish you all the best in your Photoshop journey.MRUDelete.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate