• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

just let me deselect all layers by clicking an empty space in the layers panel again please

Explorer ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating photoshop beta I've noticed i can no longer deselect layers by just clicking an empty area in the layers panel. Now if i do that I get a message saying I need to press command and click to do that. Why?

Adobe there is no reason for this extra step to be necesary.

This change does not make photoshop better or faster to use. It makes deselecting layers less easy.

Please revert to the old way or at least give us the option to choose if clicking empty space (without command) deselects layers in the layers panel.

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 21.47.58.png

[abuse removed]

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1. There should be an option to turn this on or off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added my vote, seems a backward step, there must be a reason... Why Adobe?

Edit: Having no layer selected can break some script automation, however, it is possible to program around this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also very annoyed by this.  Seems to be an added annoyance for literally no reason whatsoever.

While we're here, also fix the contextual task bar's pin function from deactivating on close, and let us dock the damn thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(cursing removed) Adobe? There is NO other functionality connected to a click in the empty space – this SO ruins my workflow. It's just an unnecessary distraction. Please fix ASAP 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed this now too. (cursing removed) Adobe. How can you guys ruin a perfectly working thing by introducing stupid functionality that adds too many clicks???

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep wondering if anyone at Adobe actually uses the program in production. This, frankly, is just stupid.

Adobe, pull your head out and nerf this misfeature, if you are planning to add it to the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

11 months have passed and this hasn't landed in the latest 2024 (25.6.0) public release (not beta).

Votes

Translate

Translate