• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quickmask Improvement

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was doing some experimenting and I've discovered a more accurate and detail orientated color for quick masking. Might be a very simple change but I think it would be a significant improvement.

Using a layer in Subtract mode  and the color #0cff00. 

The traditional red has always been a blessing but I was amazed at the difference this is making. It defines the edges of the mask more accurately and really exposes every single tiny little detail being masked. It also reveals the incredibly hard to miss subtle tonal differences in shading especially when dealing with white on white.

I think this would provide users with an improved quick masking ability, but it may also be utilized as a way for AI to better discern masking edges, background removal and other similar processes.

Thanks!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the color for Quick Mask Mode by double clicking on the Quick Mask Mode icon in the Tools panel.

qmmi.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted. To reformulate my suggestion, it would be nice to be able to change the layer mode as well. This was also a suggestion more geared towards the AI algos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically for matting https://arxiv.org/pdf/1703.03872.pdf  It would improve the gradient seperations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting idea and I like the out-of-the-box thinking.

I played around with it a bit, and it does separate the masked areas very efficiently - but my problem is that I really need to see both masked and unmasked equally well and not lose my bearings in the image. I need to know where I am. That's the whole point of making a mask, right? You need to see where to expand and where to contract.

Masked and unmasked are equally important. You need to see both - different and separated, but equally clear.

But keep up the good thinking 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate