• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to save audio track effect presets.

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ability to save audio track effect presets.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
49 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d like to be able to save my own audio effect presets. ESPECIALLY EQ settings.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You already can save effect presets. Have had this for a long time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm : this feature is already available since several versions.

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to save and recall effects chains would be very useful indeed - I would use this very often for example noise reduction -> EQ -> compression for a dialogue track.

A separate but related request is the ability to re-order effects on the track mixer once added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, HOW is it possible to save effects presets? in audio tracks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed !! I do a lot of voice-over recording. I use the following effects in a chain: Amplify, DeEsser, Parametric EQ, Dynamics Processing (Gate), and Multi-band Compression. All of these have very specific settings for a specific person, on a specific mic. We may have 50 individual sound clips on a single track, from a single session. Why should I have to recreate (5) effects on (50) clips? That's 250 separate operations!! Just let me drop my effects chain preset in the audio TRACK mixer, and process everything from the track, in 10 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be great. I usually use the same fx chain and settings across multiple projects. Having to add individual fx and adjust settings everytime is a burden. I can't use a project template because I often receive rough edits from other editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! HOW do you do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 This is very important. Also upvote these two for more reach:

89 votes: Track mixer - Add ability to save mixer states...
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33839800-track-mixer-add-ab...

99 votes: Copy and paste audio effects between tracks...
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33967090-copy-and-paste-aud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving presets from the Effects menu and saving presets from the Audio Track Mixer are 2 different things. You can already save custom presets from Effects, but you can't save custom presets from effects applied in mixer (where it is most needed since this is where you apply effects globally on a track or entire Master). This feature is long overdue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use a custom preset I created in the Parametric EQ in the "Audio Track Mixer."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 vote for this too // I've got 28 videos that all need the same audio FX and I have to take a screenshot of my Multiband Compressor and Parametric EQ settings, then manually input the values 28 times, times 2 audio presets, times 6 parameters for Multiband, times 10 parameters for EQ. That's 3360 clicks, where there could be literally 2 per video.

As there are already saved presets, it seems like adding a "Save Audio Preset" functionality would be a cinch. Please please please please add in 13.0.1!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Please please please please add in 13.0.2!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 the ability to save / recall EQ or Compressor presets is crucial when working a series of sequences all shot in the same setup... thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, if I split a stereo channel into two mono channels, I can save audio presets on the first channel, but not the second. It doesn't matter which channel I have set to right or left. It's the second channel that won't work.

When I select an effect, say an EQ, and then click on it to "Save As Preset", the dialog box to name and save the preset does not appear.

However, I can go to the exact same effect in channel on, and click on "Save As Preset" and the dialog box does appear. So, this seems to be isolated to the second mono channel when a stereo channel is split.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this issue alone might one day be a deal breaker. It's so very anno1998

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! And let's make Premiere Pro a bit more stable pleeeeeese?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been following this topic for YEARS. Clearly, Adobe isn't listening or doesn't care. This isn't a monumental effort in coding, either. We're asking for something pretty simple in functionality...copy & save. It's only been around since...well, the beginning of word processors! I feel we've been too nice for too long. It's time to "take to the streets with pitchforks ablaze". 😉 We need to step-up our efforts to make this happen. Imagine all the time we'd save with this -simple- feature.

-To Be Really Clear-
We need the ability to create audio effect presets within the Audio Track Mixer...NOT on individual tracks. Got it, Adobe? If you need more clarification, we're here to help you help us.

No more Mr/Ms Nice Editor, Adobe. Who will join this revolution for auditory change?? We can't let another year go by and continue to be ignored. This software isn't freeware. We DO have options for quality editing apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEY. I hope this helps... I know how frustrating this topic is so I made it a little easier for you. HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN AUDIO PRESETS IN PREMIERE

https://youtu.be/AGoi7hxx1cY

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam, I appreciate your tutorial! Nice work. It's great info re. saving presets for individual clips, but we're looking to create presets for entire tracks to be applied in the Track Mixer window. If you come up with a fix for that, please share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Adobe.... we need the ability to save Track Effect presets and reorder effects.
Not having this simple feature is a huge oversight so please escalate this request.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously cannot believe this is not already a feature. The interface for adding effects to the master track is a pathetic joke! You can't even type in numbers directly...you have to rely on that **** knob that hops sporadically all over the place!

How in the world is anybody able to function with it??? I'm stuck pasting audio presets to every single clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can't even type in numbers directly..." @KEn Walker
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but you can double click on the effect name in the Audio Track Insert and it will open the custom UI for the effects. Not all effects have a custom UI (Example: The Invert effect), but most do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys.

I'd really like to see the priority of this fix escalated! Let me put you in the picture... let's say I have 20 different sequences all using audio from the same shoot but in their own sequence for individual edit/review and then batch export using Media Encoder.

I get my levels on my audio track just right on my first sequence, time to copy and paste that work to tracks in other sequences right? Well unfortunately it looks like I cant! This would mean re-doing the work again for each individual sequence.

This really is a massive oversight and it'd be brilliant to have a little more dialogue and feedback on if you have plans to address this in the near future?

Thanks very much guys, all the best!

Andy B

Votes

Translate

Translate