• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.
Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
48 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Premiere pro is so ugly, you should change them back, a huge company like this brings a new update and many of the new icons have the same colors, and its just text in a rectangle, instead of more detail like before, its a shame and it literally hurts my eyes looking at them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I noticed this too... I'm glad i'm not the only one.

I understand how a redesign in the icons was necessary, but changing the colors is really confusing.
Specially for people who needs to work at really fast paces...

hope they pay attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the icon colors back to what they were before. The new colors are confusing and make my desktop toolbar on PC and MAC look boring. For a company that makes software specifically for creatives, this is the worst, non-creative, and most frustrating design choice they could have made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm all in for the change in design, but we still need a clear visual way of dinstiguishing the different softwares.

It doesn't even need to be the old colors, but different colors for the softwares that are commonly used together (Media Encoder / Premiere Pro / After Effects / Audition being the most commonly used for editors) seems really useful.

Please change the colors for the softwares that are commonly used together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent June CC update that changed all the program icons is absolutely unacceptable. Recoloring slightly to group programs together is fine, but changing Premiere, After Effects, Character Animator, AME, etc to all the same purple is EXTREMELY unintuitve and awful, workflow-interrupting design. PLEASE change back to their unique colors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGREE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was trying to agree and the bloody page flagged your post. Dang it.
I AGREE... they are awful and these are programs geared towards designers! Come on, seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design 101 - make icons easy to distinguish at a glance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now really confusing to change between programs. The icons look identical at a glance so cmd+tab switching has become needlessly difficult.

I have no problem with the new look otherwise, but it seems they're now color coded by family which is the opposite of helpful. Randomize those colors and make sure there's some contrast between programs people might have open at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that! you can leave the "ME" on Media Encoder, but please change it back. there is a big outcry on Reddit regarding this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta say... this is a first world problem. 🙂

I don't particularly love or hate the new icons... I guess it is nice when they're all different colors... just makes them easier to distinguish.... but wow. The outcry online over this is almost comical. Really?? ALL CAPS? Words like "hate", "unacceptable", "extremely", as well as insults to the Adobe team's intelligence and threats to leave the software? Over icon colors. Wow. I've seen tons of this stuff online, not just this thread. It's somewhat fashionable to bash Adobe online for some reason lately, even though many folks who complain make their living thanks to their products. I don't care what color the icons are (it sounds silly to even bring it up)... this suite is very useful to me. It works well most of the time, and when it doesn't, I just report it here and get on with my work and life. No tantrums necessary.

Uservoice is usually used to voice complaints of some kind: bugs, or rants about missing features... but this user just wants to voice: I APPRECIATE THE HUMANS that sit at computers all day developing these apps for us, and poring through a constant stream of negativity on Uservoice! Thanks for doing a great job and keeping your cool.

Have a great day, Adobe and creators both! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did the color of the Audition app icon change to the same color as After Effects? I liked it more when it was green. It was easier and faster to navigate between apps. Now the only difference is the "e" and "u". Before video was purple and audio green, it was so much easier!
Anke

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, just installed them and they look like were designed by a child... The ones before were just fine, why the need to change something that is not broken??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally hate these Icons. these are like children toys kind of logos for the age of 5.There's no more Prestige in their Icons. looks like all the rest of the garbage out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! I'm hoping they change the icon colors back with the next update. I've clicked the wrong app dozens of times already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more argument for Resolve: their icon are clear and easy to distinguish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So very true. I regularly accidentally open Photoshop when I mean to open Premiere or vice verse. Changing the icons to all be the same look was a weird idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me all the time with Dreamweaver and XD as well. So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! Put the colors back. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

put previous icon colors back. Worst design decision ever. horrendous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I always click on the wrong icon in the taskbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can change the icons your-self, but it isnt vety user friendly, so GIVE US BACK THE COLORS WE DESERVE!!

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12383/change-a-file-types-icon-in-windows-7/

Votes

Translate

Translate