• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Peak files generating WITHOUT PRIORITY!!!!!

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When having problems with peak files, it is sometimes necessary to delete all peak files. Every time I reopen my project, I find that Premiere Pro makes a big mistake when re-rendering the Peak files. Namely, the peak files are (apparently) rendered without any sort of priorities being set. This can sometimes lead to very long hold times while waiting for the peak files of the clips in the timeline to be rendered.

In my experience and opinion the peak files of the files in the timeline should ALWAYS be prioritized. In general, peak file generation should be "dynamic" and always prioritize the clips that are currently in demand (for example, when I bring up a clip in the source monitor, the corresponding clip should move to the next possible position in the render queue).

I believe that the usability could be significantly improved by the proposed changes.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 

I'm working on a feature project where we have over ten cameras where the timecode is way off, so i have to sync by waveform first. Since we have tons of other media, it's taking waveforms over 20 minutes to build. PLEASE have Premiere prioritize waveforms for the audio tracks IN THE CURRENT TIMELINE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, indeed.

I don't know if there has been similar posts before this one which may already have more upvotes. If someone finds one, they should put a link here so that more populated one gets upvotes. However, be sure to UPVOTE this thread, that's the UpArrow on the left of the page to the left of the topic. If that number grows the more the devs will see it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MyerPj According to my research, there hasn't been a post on this subject yet. At least none that had a significant number of upvoted, which was very surprising to me. Thanks for your participation and the upvote!

Votes

Translate

Translate