I have reinstalled PP 24

Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
21 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cgpost,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I'm checking on it now for you.

All the Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking this out.  As I said, no Adobe Immersive Environment in PP24.

I have PP23 on my computer.  It still has the Adobe Immersive Environment selectons in Preference/Playback and under the wrench icon.  However when I turn AIE on in wrench I get The hardware and software required for AIE cannot be detected.  Please check your configuration and try again.""

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also missing for me in this verson on macOS. Thanks for looking into it and please keep us posted! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @cgpost and @dhl1,

I got your message. I researched your issue and a developer said that some of the immersive video toolset had been removed but nothing had been announced around that, which was an oversight. I am still not 100% clear on the issue, yet, so I offer my apologies for that. I will continue looking into it. If you like, I can move this discussion to the bug reports forum. Let me know if you'd me to do that for you.

In the meantime, free to contact assisted support for continued assistance with this issue. To contact them directly, do the following: 

1. Make sure to sign into your Adobe account. Allow popups and cookies on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN. 
  2. Click here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. This will automatically open the chat window. 
  3. Type "Agent" in the chat box to be connected to a live agent. 
  4. When you get an agent, ask to be connected to the video queue. These are agents that are specially trained to handle issues related to digital video and audio.

I hope they can help you. Let us know what they say so that the community can stay informed and help others having trouble with the same situation.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan,

Thanks for the update. Yes, please continue to investigate this issue. It may be related to a similar problem that's been discussed in the After Effects forum since 2021:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/adobe-immersive-environment-button-gone-in-...

@Rameez_Khan was looking into this on the After Effects side. AFAIK there has been no progress so far.

I think it's fine to leave this discussion here unless you think moving it to the Bug Reports Forum will bring it more attention. Your call.

Since 360 effects and viewing modes are availiable in Premiere Pro,  I think it makes sense to keep Immersive Environment working. I'm sure all 360 creators would agree. Would love to see this fixed in both Premiere and AE. Thanks again for your help!

best,

--David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dhl1 - David,

Thanks for the message. I read through that thread. The teams likely have usage stats on the tools, so that may explain why they might be focusing efforts on other things while keeping the tech intact.

I will keep an eye on the immersive video issue and will connect with the product team on it.

You mentioned Rameez Khan. Unfortunately, he is no longer with Adobe. I can pass along the issue to my counterpart @nishukush, who can advocate for you in the AE side of things.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @dhl1 and @cgpost,

I heard from product management. They said that the Adobe Immersive Environment headset display controls were removed in 24.0.  VR in general still works. Sorry about that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin,

What would be the best way to get Adobe Immersive Environment back?  Being able to use a Head Mounted Display in PP is very useful.  It may be that the interface which relied on Steam needs to be changed.  360 video editing is a growing market. There are more good headsets out there and more people editing 360 video so it is a something Adobe should make work better not remove just because it might be difficult to support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS  Davinci Resolve supports HMD viewing but I would prefer to stay in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for looking into this for us. Echoing @cgpost's comments - without headset monitering, the remaining VR features in Pr and AE are of limited use. I'm seeing more and more 360 video pros moving to DaVinci Resolve because it has headset monitoring which is so essential. I much prefer the featureset and workflow of Adobe tools and would prefer to stay with them. I understand dev teams need to focus on majority-used features and 360 is still a niche, but right now it feels like we're being left behind. With the upcoming release of Apple Vision Pro and other improved headsets on the horizon, we hope general interest in 360 video will grow. What in your opinion would be our the best way to advocate getting VR headset display back in these apps moving foward?

As always, thanks for your advice and ongoing support.

best,

--David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I can move to Resolve but I really would prefer to stay with Premiere. But if Adobe forces us then so be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe team,
myself and my company are producing 360 video for 12 years now. please maintain the VR environment for the current and future versions of premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Joergen, you need to maintain the VR environnement or 360 people move to Resolve

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe. Bring the immersive workflow back in the latest Adobe Premiere. This is one of the very popular tools in the Adobe workflow for immersive video production - or soon-to-be Spatial Video. The development team should spend more time on optimizing these features instead of removing them. I am a YouTuber who makes tutorials on this topic: https://youtube.com/hughhoufilm - we have close to 145K immersive editors who rely on these tools every day for their creation - please do not ignore us. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Please maintain immersive tools.  360 Video is not going anywhere and we use it in a variety of workflows from game design to VR Experiences to creation of regular 16:9 videos. 

Thank you!      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @cgpost,

I will move your post to the Ideas forum and will change the title. Please upvote this feature request in the upper-left of the new post. I hope all on this thread will also upvote.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please link to the new post in the ideas forum? That way we will make sure that we find it quickly and can vote for it. Thanks Kevin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear Kevin, I am not sure if classifying as an "Idea" for now is going to bring back a feature that has been culled. I think this is more a topic to bring up at the next team meeting at Adobe/Premiere, and to see what it takes to bring it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add my need for this functionality... this is functionality that existed, not a request for some new functionality that might require additional resources other than bug fixing and it seemed pretty stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been broken since 2023 from my last check. I get my HMD Preview successfully since then with the Skybox plugin for previews in Premiere and After Effects, and it's been working fine. Adobe acquired Mettle, but unfortunately, it seems they've allowed it to languish as a built-in feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had Premiere Pro crash on me when I tried to use this feature last year. I've been slowly trying to figure out what was wrong. I've got some improved computer equipment now, but couldn't find the option in Premiere 2024. It wasn't till I found this thread that I realized it'd been purposefully (and silently) removed.

Very short-sighted from Adobe given the spike of interest I'm seeing in immersive video in both the internet and client worlds with the release of the Vision Pro. Not only was this feature killed silently but the OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION STILL ACTS AS IF IT'S AN OPTION

Guess I'm switching to DaVinci. This move makes me super nervous to continue leaning on Premiere Pro as the place I edit immersive video at all, and if I'm not using Premiere Pro, I'm cancelling Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate