• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The mask in the effects control panel should allow you to create a perfect square mask.

Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mask in the effects control panel should allow you to create a perfect square mask.

Dragging a shape using the Shift key will create a perfect circle in Photoshop and Illustrator.

Premiere Pro users are frustrated because they can't do this when creating masks with effects or opacity.

エフェクトコントロールパネルのマスクで完全な正方形のマスクを作成できるようにすべきだ!

Shiftキーを使用して図形をドラッグすると、PhotoshopとIllustratorで完全な円を作成できます。

Premiere Proユーザーは、エフェクトや不透明度でマスクを作成する時、これを行うことができないため、不満を感じています。
Idea No status
TOPICS
Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
25 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see a (perfect) square and (perfect) circle in masks etc. I am forever having to 'guess' if a mask is exactly square or a circle is perfect. It would also be helpful to be able to resize and position accurately with position info for lining up multiple masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also aspire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

賛成です。是非実現して欲しい。

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

これ ないと ものすごく不便です。
このせいで premiere 使わない時もあります。。
時間もかかるし。。

是非 そうきゅうにじつげんさせてほしい。

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

直してほしいです!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

他のアプリと動きは同じになるようにしてほしいですよねー

I hope it to behave the same as other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

せっかく、Adobe製品は、連携できるのに
こういう大事な所、ソフトによって使えたり、使えなかったりするのが残念です。

ソフト連携強化のためにも、是非とも必要な機能だと思います!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

早急に改善お願いします

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

時折使う際に、とても不便さを感じ、そうい時って、Premireに対する親近感が遠くなります。
是非正方形のマスクができるようにお願いします。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

正方形もですが、ポイントではなく、辺を動かせるようにしてほしいです。ポイントを二カ所選択する際に少しずれて線が斜めになることが多いので。
また、マスクの初期設定は、ボカシ10ですが、0をデフォルトにして欲しいです。

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe製品は統一した操作感を売りにされてたと思います。ぜひ実現していただきたい機能です。

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

且つマスクアニメーションを数値入力で制御できると尚良しです。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion. I would like to add that the devs should disable movement upon first touching the vector point in a mask or shape.

Every single time I try to select a vector point, it moves that point unless I keep my mouse completely still. This is very annoying. It's been years of me selecting each point like I'm performing surgery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE-- LISTEN TO THIS HUMAN!!! A square mask should be LITERALLY THE EASIEST THING TO MAKE. We should not have to be eyeballing shapes that should be perfectly easy to create and complaining about this for YEARS. It is absolutely bonkers that I have been looking through almost a decade of message boards asking for how to create a perfect circle mask in Premiere and NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER. FIX THIS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man. I have to agree with Zena Grey here. This is so strange for such a professional application to lack such a basic tool. If you can't fix it, can you at least explain to us here, in this thread, why this doesn't exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've left this same suggestion as well. It is inconceivable that anyone would design a mask this way. Talk to the Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects teams at your company. Go into any of these programs and draw a box. Then make it work that way in Premiere. Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with masks and keyframes is the worst thing that Premiere provides us with. What is the peculiarity of making the principle of working with masks as in AE? There should be a single management principle. Now in one program (Pr) it is possible so, in another (AE) it is completely different. We need to come to a single decision, then it will be easier to master the skills of high-speed work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this not in the software already? Please get this fixed asap. This is a daily annoyance. EVERY time I use square masks, I struggle with this. EVERY time. And square masks are used all the time. Please just fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your greed is catching up to you. The premiere mask functionality has been around for a long time. I believe you made the masks challenging to use on purpose back in the Creative Suite days to make sure people had to buy a license for after effects, and I don't think the code has changed since then, even though your license model is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to know why it is the way it is and why it isn't the same as all other adobe products. that's actually worth it to me. to simply hear from the product team on why? If they can't come up with one then just change the bloody thing to match your other products. I mean, just tell us. there must be a reason why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@richard King
I think the 'why' is that all too often, ego trumps reason (at Adobe as well as in the rest of the world). If someone makes a programming/design mistake, they'd rather protect their ego, insisting they were right, rather than listening to users and admitting they were wrong.

This same issue is also present when using the shape options in the Essential Graphic's window's New Layer menu. To get that fixed as well, please vote here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45693763-replace-new-layer-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DR AKERECO A POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER WHO DID A WONDERFUL WORK FOR ME His WhatsApp: +2348148822140

I never believed in love spells or magic until I met this spell caster on the internet. I meant a man whose name is Dr. Akereco. He is really powerful and could help cast spells to bring back one's lost, misbehaving lover and magic money spell or spell for a good job or luck spell. I'm now happy & a living testimony. The man I wanted to get married to left me a week before our wedding and my life was upside down because our relationship has been going on for 3years. I really loved him. So when I met this spell caster, I told him what happened and explained the situation to him. At first, I was undecided, skeptical, and doubtful, but I just gave it a try. And in 3 days, my boyfriend called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled. Well we are happily married now and we are expecting our first child, and my husband also got a new job and our lives became much better.
His Email Address is: drakerecospellcaster@gmail.com
His WhatsApp Number is: +2348148822140

Rosa from Italy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How was this not the default behavior? Its how it works in After Effects and Photoshop. Please address!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

激しく同意!

なぜ、Adobeはこんな基本的な機能の改善をしないのか理解できない。

I agree vehemently!

I don't understand why Adobe doesn't improve such a basic feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although making a perfectly square mask would be really great, having normal (AE, Photoshop, etc.) control (drag from corner or sides to resize) over the masks would be a massive improvement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate