• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D revolve and symbol that covers top half

Enthusiast ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to draw a tube that is used for floating in the water, similar to this, where the symbol is on the top of the tube and it is a solid color on the bottom.

I'm using an ellipse as the object and mapping a symbol on to it using 3D Revolve.

I've tried repositioning the symbol or drawing a symbol that has a pattern on the top half and a solid color on the bottom. No matter what I try, the solid color does not get positioned on the bottom of the tube.

Can anyone help me with this?

image.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

You have to design the mapping in a way that the bottom part is in the center. You will also have to take into account the distortion.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-14 um 23.58.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to design the mapping in a way that the bottom part is in the center. You will also have to take into account the distortion.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-14 um 23.58.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You were the only one brave enough to answer, and I'm marking it as correct. As you said, distortion needs to be taken into account. And, it is still tricky, depending on the angle and rotation of the object, how the the symbol aligns. 

I'm glad that there is a 3D filter, but sure wish it was more robust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines