Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2015 - Units-Bug

Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Today I updated the Adobe Illustrator program to the latest version in 2015, and after printing to Postscript me mysteriously changed decimals units shown.
The document has not been good. But now I have a bad drive everywhere.
E.g. I see the new document: A4 Paper is 210 00 mm x 297 00 mm and  Bleed is 0 000 mm.

I use the Czech version of Windows PC 8.1 64bit.

Chyba rozměru při tisku do Postcriptu.JPGNastavení souboru-jednotky.JPGPreferens.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Hi,

We have released a WINDOWS ONLY hot fix today that fixes the issue of corrupt preferences. Please go to Creative Cloud application and download the patch CC 20151.1 (19.1.1)

If you do not see the patch in the Creative Cloud application wait for the refresh cycle to be over or you can sign out and sign in to force refresh the list of available patches.

Regards,

Ashutosh

On behalf of Illustrator Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the missing decimal pointColor.JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aleš,

What happens if you copy some of the artwork into a new document (this may determine wheter it is document specific)?

Otherwise, it may be worth considering at least the easy ones at the top of the following list:

The following is a general list of things you may try when

A) The issue is not in a specific file,

B) You have a printer correctly installed, connected, and turned on if it is physical printer (you may use Adobe PDF/Acrobat Distiller as the default printer with no need to have a printer turned on, obviously you will need to specify when you actually need to print on paper), and

C) It is not caused by issues with opening a file from external media (see at the bottom).

You may have tried/done some of them already; 1) and 2) are the easy ones for temporary strangenesses, and 3) and 4) are specifically aimed at possibly corrupt preferences); 5) is a list in itself, and 6) is the last resort.

If possible/applicable, you should save current artwork first, of course.

1) Close down Illy and open again;

2) Restart the computer (you may do that up to at least 5 times);

3) Close down Illy and press Ctrl+Alt+Shift/Cmd+Option+Shift during startup (easy but irreversible);

4) Move the folder (follow the link with that name) with Illy closed (more tedious but also more thorough and reversible), for CS3 - CC you may find the folder here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/preference-file-location-illustrator.html

5) Look through and try out the relevant among the Other options (follow the link with that name, Item 7) is a list of usual suspects among other applications that may disturb and confuse Illy, Item 15) applies to CC, CS6, and maybe CS5);

Even more seriously, you may:

6) Uninstall (ticking the box to delete the preferences), run the Cleaner Tool (if you have CS3/CS4/CS5/CS6/CC), and reinstall. It is important to use this full three step way: otherwise, things may linger.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I renamed all preferences, preference for Illustrator CC 2015 I deleted it, and I found that the error of measurement units enters after printing to PostScript graphics. More is seen on the video here: Screenr - Ales_Ulrych: Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 - Print to Postscript - units bug

Greeting

Ales Ulrych

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem i have my two colleagues who are also upgraded to the CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody please confirm whether the problem is even vyskytune you? In other jakykové mutation than Czech? Or today nobody printing to PostScript does not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aleš,

There seem to be some unsolved issues with CC 2015. You may wish to roll back to CC 2014, if uninstalled you may reinstall CC 2014 from the previous versions tab in the CC management app.

You may uninstall 2015 for now if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for Mr. Jacobs,

I called Adobe phone support, how can I install back version, 2014.
Because 2015 is still unusable for us, unfortunately.

Version 2015'll just test and other bugs here in the forum report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob!

It looks like small dot in Regional Standards did the trick! Not only 'units bug' disappeared but also preferences file stopped crushig and corrupting. I just changed comma to dot separator between whole numbers and decimal part and that's it.

I have one language (Russian) win 10.

Thanks for your valuable assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all, I have said it many times: Re: Adobe Illustrator 2015 - Units-Bug

Re: Preferences file corrupt - Illustrator CC 2015

I hope it soon corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Igor.

Aleš and others: posts #51-52 here refer to this (part of this) other thread:

Re: Stroke weight is 1000.0000 pt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Any news on a release date for an update, which will fix this? As you see on this map, many users use a decimal comma rather than a decimal point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark#/media/File:DecimalSeparator.svg

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem starts with cc 2015 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not alone, even though you probably will not help.

I and my two colleagues, we had to go back to the 2014 version, because printing to PostScript is used several times a day and that the bug is not afraid to work. I hope that Adobe will repair it soon, though I to many pay so much for Cloud. I not understand English and I use Google translator.

Greeting

Ales Ulrych

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just upgraded to a new version 19.0.1 and unfortunately the error still persists ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey men, I'm from Brazil and I'm using the same version of yours, but in portuguese.

I've experienced the same issues as you guys with that units problems and ALSO, I have perceived some issues with hard drive usage on this new 2015 CC version. Whenever I try to salve or change something that impacts the file, my pc gets slow and almost stops. I've used the windows task manager and my hard drive usage goes from the usual 6% to 99% while I take those actions on both, ILlustrator and Photoshop CC 2015. tk

Ps: Those problemas occurs at both my pcs, at work and at home (using the same account).

Pc config is 1TB hard drive, with i7 processor and 8GB ram.

Are you guys having the same experiences??

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

it is possible, but unfortunately AI CC 2015 I nor my two colleagues are now not in use,

we returned to the version of AI CC 2014 which primarily use.

Only when the new update comes out (see 19.1.0), I test it, whether this error has not been corrected. Unfortunately, even in the last update that was not repaired.

Ales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aleš,

Only when the new update comes out (see 19.1.0), I test it, whether this error has not been corrected.

It is out.

If it does not appear, sign out and then sign back in the Creative Cloud application. After that the 19.1 update should be visible in the Creative Cloud application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry,
I think I wrote it wrong.
I already have version 19.1.0 installed, but unfortunately a mistake in this version remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aleš,

I believe it is something yet unnoticed by our forum staff friends, then.

I will try to alert the next one incautious enough to turn up.

You may also try to report it here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ales,

Can you please check in your windows settings for decimal and comma separators. Ai normally honors the windows settings for showing comma and decimal.

And does Ai CC 2014 show a different comma and decimal separators than CC 2015?

Thanks,

Sanjay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjay,

setting in Windows is . The problem in AI CC 2015 I and my two colleagues. If I delete the preferences, everything is fine. But once I print anything to PostScript (see video above), the unit is damaged in some way. The problem in AI CC 2014 do not. If I print to PostScript not used, I would probably not with this problem. Unfortunately, this feature I use every day.

Ales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my setup I am using Windows 8.1. I have the decimal separator set to “,” (comma) and the thousand separator set to ”.” (period), as is appropriate for Denmark.

If we look at the font-size entry field (the same applies to all numerical entry fields):

In CC14 if I chose a 36 pt font in the pull-down menu, I got at 36 pt font, and the entry field showed 36 (not 36.00 or 36,00).

In CC15 if I choose a 36 pt font in the pull-down menu, I get a 3600 pt font, and the entry field shows 36.00.

So CC15 is not respecting my choice in Windows of decimal separator.

The bug gives some impressive results: If the last time I used the scale tool was a scaling to 110%, the next time I use the tool the default scaling is 110.00%, which is interpreted (with my choice of decimal and thousand separator in Windows) as 11000%, which is an impressively big scaling!!

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly,

behaves exactly like me, says Patrick. This is definitely bug Ai CC 2015 is not applicable with this error. Another example. When using the Recolor Artwork my values themselves changed to 100 because instead of eg. 60 Cyan me there 60 00 Cyan, which Ai evaluates 100 Cyan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem seems to have gone away overnight!

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines