• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 25.2 Issues & Bugs

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the update to AI 25.2, I've been experiencing a host of new issues with AI, including but not limited to:

• Saving times have more than doubled, even with simple, small files under 1mb
  • Saving causes AI to freeze up and enter an unresponsive state
  • AI is now taking up 30% + of my PC's Memory while idle with no files opened, (as opposed to about 10% previously)
  • When viewing AI in the Task Manager, AI now displays as a group of items under com.adobe.AdobeSplashKit.GraphicWindowClass. In this group, there are 11 instances of "Adobe CEP HTML Engine" running just while AI is idle with no files open and nothing saved to the clip board. (Issues with the "Adobe CEP HTML Engine" eating up memory and high CPU usage seems to go back as far as 2015, possibly earlier.)
  • Also in the above group in Task Manager, "Adobe Illustrator 2021" is perpetually displaying a Status of "Not responding" despite otherwise working and being usable.

As a carryover from the previous update, the function of dragging to select text in fields is still broken.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Try closing all the Adobe apps and rename the folder "com.adobe.dunamis" from the location C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming 

MacHD/Users/Username/Library/Application Support
and check again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also noticed a number of those "Adobe CEP HTML Engine" instances in the task manager. Also maybe not related but after since the 25.2 update that got installed yesterday, after I close out of Illustrator and try to reopen Illustrator later I get a message indicating a previous session is open already. One way to get around that is to end task in the Task Manager or reboot the computer. I find that sometimes, the "Adobe Illustrator 2021" is not in the Task Manager, therefore I'm forced to reboot the computer. Anyone else seeing that also? I did remove previous versions(2019 and 2020) of Illustrator and rebooted thinking that might have had some affect on that but that didn't seem to help any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since noticed another issue regarding AI 25.2 of a similar nature.

After closing AI, I went to delete an obsolete AI file that had been open in the session that I just finished. For some reason, the AI file was saying that it was still open in another program. I checked Task Manager and didn't see Adobe Illustrator 2021, the AdobeSplashKit.GraphicWindowClass, or AIRobin 2021 open anywhere. All of the instances of Adobe CEP HTML Engine had closed down as well.

It seemed that somehow AI was still open and holding the undesired AI file in open memory somewhere despite not showing up in the Task Manager. I had to restart my computer to clear up whatever was happening so that I could delete the AI file. Restarting my PC seems to have temporarily resolved this particular issue, as I was unable to replicate having a ghost of AI running after closing AI without Task Manager finding it or the ghost copy preventing the deletion of a file that was just open. That said, I hope this doesn't become a recurring issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now receiving a warning when I open the program. 

SharedScreenshot.jpg

I "continued with known issues..." and the program appeared to work and save fine. However, I'm worried because the newest version of Premiere pro has been rendered unusable to me because of updates. 
Does anyone have any advice to fix this? I'm not a computer expert by any means, but I understand how to update my drivers. My drivers are fully up to date. I never received this warning before the new update.

Thanks for any direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've personally had to rollback to AI 25.1 as the 25.2 update has rendered AI unusable.

Hopefuly Adobe will address the roots of the AI 25.2 issues in the next bugs fix / update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I appreciate your response and advice. I will be doing that. I am wondering if anyone else had experienced this also. I hope they fix it as I really like this program a lot! 

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same issues using 25.2, deleted & reinstalled 25.1...no more problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Eye dropper tool disappeared 

Avilancer_0-1614822492572.pngAvilancer_1-1614822533323.png

Avilancer_2-1614822563682.png

my favorite tool is gooooone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having issues with this version. Crashes at will, and usually right when I'm saving a complex file which is, as you might imagine, incredibly infuriating. Also, the software is not recovering the document upon reopening even though I've plainly made that the case in my preferences. Adobe, please look at this version, it needs help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, dragging to select text fields is still broken, only works sometimes,  especially after scaling it it doesn't work at all,  also clicking on that scaled textfield doesn't work , very annyoing. maybe the updates should be tested better by the quality managment or simply less updates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try closing all the Adobe apps and rename the folder "com.adobe.dunamis" from the location C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming 

MacHD/Users/Username/Library/Application Support
and check again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this the aswer? Rename it to what?

FWIW for other users here, it took me a while to unwind and recover from this (and just revert back to the 2021 version). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail, and eventually gave up. 

But there were other anomolies with my system that started showing up. It started with noticing my nighly backs to my harddrives where still running in the morning and woudl not finish until the evening. 

And my (Windows 11) system would not complete indexing and the number of items was endless.

The culprit was that this new version created ~12,5M (yes, that is M for Million) empy directories under ..\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.dunamis\1d671980-f5c1-4d73-bed0-9bc5e5a9b276\v1

Which were of what was getting backed up, so I had 25M empty directories to delete yesterday which took a while to find an effient way to do so as Explorer was on target to take days (rmdir /q/s is the best option, but still took the better part of 24hrs).  Not sure what other reminants of this crash/hang are lying around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should have clarified above that my issues was that Illustrate woudl not launch. It woudl show running, but no splash screen even.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines