Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After updating too illustrator cc 2019 its very slow

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Recently I bought a new Mac book pro 10.13.6 High Sierra. I have installed Adobe illustrator cc 2018 and recently I updated it to Illustrator CC 2019.

After updating its Opening a file and saving files are extremely very slow. I feel like I'm working in Illustrator 8. Any solution for this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

I did have the problem once. It seems that "keep the previous preference" (or whatever it actually says) during updating from the older Illustrator version is the main culprit. But now it runs so well and without having any problems. Here's what I did:

1. Uninstall Illustrator v.23.
  2. Install the earlier version.
    I did try reinstalled the v.23 again, and the problem still occurred. So I installed the earlier version instead (I installed the first CC version, v.17). And then...
  3. Reinstall Illustrator v.23

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 140 Replies 140
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RockyDavies  schrieb

Please fix this issue.  Please create a new fixed version.

You will need to post more info, because without that info nobody knows what should be fixed.

And do you already have turned off the dictation feature in your (presumably) Mac OS Mojave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika each one explained his issues and nobody helps... even we talked and loose hours with the help desk and don't either helps. This version 23.0.1 is not estable and should be fix ASAP.

We are many with issues and in the meantime we are working with the previous version. Is not fair because we are paying to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole thread just makes no sense. It doesn't give enough info to developers and nobody else can try to help.

If you want to reach out to developers, do so on http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Post info about your system, be ready to get in contact with developers. They can't fix it without knowing exactly what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika I tried two times with the help desk, they connected remotely to my computer. Both times spends more than two hours, and they can't solved the issue. If you read the entire thread you saw the details about the issue.

So you can't said that we don't want to help to the developer team, I'm working with the previous version because I need use Illustrator daily to work.

The help desk said that someone should be contact with me to give me a solution, and nobody contacted me.

Is not my responsibility that the version works fine, I can't lose more time trying to find a solution.

If someone want to contact me to check again the issue I'll be glad to help.

But if Adobe received many comments with the same issue should be doing something.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version just works slowly. Moving objects around makes them strobe around like I’m using a power PC from the 90s. I’m using a 12 core Mac Pro with 64 GB of RAM and am on Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the same! After installing CC 2019 illustrator start working laggy, very long time for open and save a file. Can't do anything!

After uninstaling, using ccleaner and instaling CC 2018 it is also laggy. What to do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apparently just updated this morning but has made no difference at all to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I mentioned earlier: Please contact chat or voice support to get this resolved. Someone needs to have a look at your machine to understand what is going on under the hood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so  everyone who is having issues ie a lot of people -  it is all the issues of our machinery? not at all anything at all to do with Adobe - oh sure... then why have you just had to update then due to all the complaints - no... its only all of our machinery...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - since updating to 2019, Illustrator has become all but useless, taking excessive time to open and save anything. This is seriously affecting my business and I want to know what Adobe plan to do about it and how soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Simon+de+Kretser  schrieb

Same problem here - since updating to 2019, Illustrator has become all but useless, taking excessive time to open and save anything. This is seriously affecting my business and I want to know what Adobe plan to do about it and how soon.

Nobody will be able to solve that issue without having a look inside your system.

Please use: Contact Customer Care

You need to be logged in and at the bottom of the page there is the chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry Monika, it's not clear if you are replying on behalf of yourself  or Adobe, but if I follow your Contact Customer Care link and log into my account, the only option I appear to be offered is a 'Community Chat' - I am paying for a 6-member team licence every month and I would expect at the very least to be offered the option for a phone call or a web chat.

Like many on this forum, the Creative Suite is core to the functioning and success of our business and when something as significant as this happens, you will understand our frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum. We can't log into your system.

Only people marked "Staff" are staff.

I will alert staff to your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well  - AshutoshChaturverdi is staff and basically he says it is all our problem because apparently ALL our machinery - every single one of us all in this forum who have this issue - it's apparently nothing to do with Adobe - so feel free to tell staff about it Monika Gause - because this is the advice we have been all given by "staff"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

When we say, we need to troubleshoot this further at the machine level, we do not blame the machine. If we can investigate it further, we can find the cause of the issue and then try to fix it. Since it could be a non-generic issue, it's difficult to troubleshoot here. Please check this link for contact details: Contact Customer Care

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is obviously a NOT a non- generic problem for everyone on various machines all with the same result yet we are all still paying a subscription - and why are everyone left to try and get advice from fellow users with the same issue when you won’t even admit this was available without being sorted properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted chat or voice support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

I have escalated the issue to the concerned team. I will update you accordingly.

Thanks

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did have the problem once. It seems that "keep the previous preference" (or whatever it actually says) during updating from the older Illustrator version is the main culprit. But now it runs so well and without having any problems. Here's what I did:

1. Uninstall Illustrator v.23.
  2. Install the earlier version.
    I did try reinstalled the v.23 again, and the problem still occurred. So I installed the earlier version instead (I installed the first CC version, v.17). And then...
  3. Reinstall Illustrator v.23. In advanced menu, uncheck that says keeping the previous preference, and don't remove the older version.
  4. See whether your Illustrator v.23 works normally.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Herry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Herry, I'll give that a go - however, I can't be alone in thinking that we should be way beyond the point where communities find work-arounds and fixes for software that has been in the main stream for the 30 years that we have been in business - this is no longer a cutting edge tool, it is a workhorse, and Adobe would do well to remember that when they next look at 'updating' it.

I am sure that a very high percentage of people on this forum are professionals that rely on this software for their day to day livelihoods and we are undoubtedly using a vast range of machines and operating systems - this cannot be news to Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, spent an hour and a half on chat support with Adobe trying various things that didn't work, but herryC​'s answer is what ended up working for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot!

DALLAS GOTSCHALL

~ Personal details removed by Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Henryc's suggestion, but still having the same issue. Working with type is impossibly slow still (even worse now honestly). I'm going to revert back to version 22, and see if that fixes the issue. Any other tips are most welcome.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same issue... is impossible works with text.

Do you find a solution?

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines