Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After updating too illustrator cc 2019 its very slow

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Recently I bought a new Mac book pro 10.13.6 High Sierra. I have installed Adobe illustrator cc 2018 and recently I updated it to Illustrator CC 2019.

After updating its Opening a file and saving files are extremely very slow. I feel like I'm working in Illustrator 8. Any solution for this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

I did have the problem once. It seems that "keep the previous preference" (or whatever it actually says) during updating from the older Illustrator version is the main culprit. But now it runs so well and without having any problems. Here's what I did:

1. Uninstall Illustrator v.23.
  2. Install the earlier version.
    I did try reinstalled the v.23 again, and the problem still occurred. So I installed the earlier version instead (I installed the first CC version, v.17). And then...
  3. Reinstall Illustrator v.23

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 140 Replies 140
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah! I just changed my preview to GPU from CPU and it fixed my type problem! Super fast again! If you are having SUPER slow type issues, give that a try. Not sure if it will fix all the other issues people seem to be having tho...  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually glad that I switched to devices running Windows.  The only issue I have run into is that it takes awhile to bring things from Illustrator to Photoshop.... other than that I have not experienced the lag that Apple users seem to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! You should feel lucky because I'm a windows user and I have issues with the performance of the last version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. It started when I updated to CC 2019.

I've uninstalled it multiple times, I've turned off speech dictation, and I've cleaned and cleared cache on my computer. I haven't seemed to find the problem. My iMac is less than a year old, so it shouldn't be acting slow at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new iMac over the Black Friday sales and did a fresh install of CC 2019 - No problems what-so ever...

But my MBP 2015 was unusable and had to go back to CC 2018 a couple of months ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

If you are facing a performance issue on your system then please write an email to me so that I can have a connect session with you to isolate this issue further on your machine.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Illustrator Team

rbhunwal<AtTheRate>adobe<Dot>com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! @rbhunwal We need a solution ASAP.

I tried with the support team twice. They connected remotly and nothing helps.

Is not fair that I have to work with an old version of illustrator because the last one is too slow and unstable.

The support team is working in this issue? Works with text objects for example it is impossible.

I really appreciate an answer.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!!

Any update  about this issue? We are many...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue and need a fix asap. My work depends on it.

Can you please point me to the solution you have found so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why people from Adobe are quiet here, why the answer with such inconvenient workaround is being marked as correct (even if it is the way)? Why not fixing it for good and release an update? I still have the issue and am waiting for a new update.

We are paying monthly for this app, and it is now so slow that I had no other option but to reinstall the v.22 instead. There was a time when Adobe was doing great, all the trouble started since you began using India as your source of development, why? You are an American company, you are good (used to be) because you have American standards, you really don't realize that Indian standard is being replaced with the quality you had before? I am not a racist, I like Indians very much and my best friend is from Delhi, it is a different matter completely, maybe those in the India team who work on illustrator have bad standards, or lack of proper understanding of what is the priority for users of such product. We do not need huge amazing upgrades, we want the app to work smoothly, and not having so much bugs after the public release. What a shame, for a company with such potential, I can see a dark future for Adobe along this path, competitors are coming...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LoganHe​ exactly!!!

rbhunwal​​ I send You an email with a contact's suggestion and problem solution. I do not have an answer until today :<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read this thread again and wow many more people are still having the problem. It seems that my marked as "correct" answer only works in Windows10 since others in Mac complained that my workaround doesn't work.

Today I upgraded my PC and did a clean install. Adobe CC 2019 works perfectly without any lag. So I can assure that upgrading from the previous version with its preferences causes the problem... in Windows 10. Some days ago I also installed it on my Win10 laptop, it works like a charm. I don't know how it should be done in Mac. Hope the developers address this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently it happens when you use more than one Screen. I found a solution somewhere else:
Go to Preferences > User Interface and turn off "Scale Cursor Proportionately" Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 15.51.04.png"Scale Mouse Proportionally"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using two monitors, an iMac 5k and a cintiq 24hd.  I just opened 23 and turned off Scale Cursor Proportionately and attempted to run it through a few simple tests.  Nope, instantly got the total freeze again when trying to apply a simple filter I use all the time in 22.

As to Monika- I have explained the problem and when it started occurring and such earlier in the thread.  It's hard to know all the information to report when you don't know what the problem is linked to further than when it started.

I am running a late 2014 retina 5k iMac.  I have a cintiq 24 hd connected to it.  I am not running off a server.  I have dictation turned off.  I have GPU performance turned off.  I never had a problem until I upgraded my computer to illustrator 23 and Mojave in the same day.  23 had all kinds of problems.  I reverted to 22 and I have no problems at all.  I use it for ten hours a day.  It works perfectly fine.  I try to open 23 and problems galore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RockyDavies  schrieb

As to Monika- I have explained the problem and when it started occurring and such earlier in the thread. 

That's the problem with these long threads. So many people posting that nobody is able to ever piece together who said what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RockyDavies  wrote

I am running a late 2014 retina 5k iMac.  I have a cintiq 24 hd connected to it.  I am not running off a server.  I have dictation turned off.  I have GPU performance turned off.  I never had a problem until I upgraded my computer to illustrator 23 and Mojave in the same day.  23 had all kinds of problems.  I reverted to 22 and I have no problems at all.

this needs investigation we have a very similar iMAC with us.Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com  or any of the other support channels - https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you. One suggestion 5k is a very dense display please turn on GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 12 Core 2.7 GHz Mac Pro (2013). The software is unacceptably slow with our without GPU acceleration (without is worse). It runs fine on my new (2018) 2.9 GHz MacBook pro. I'm sure that this is related to the GPU on the older machine. That said, the rest of CC runs fine (including photoshop, premiere and aftereffects). This bug is new to illustrator 23 which was (if we're honest) a very modest update to the application's functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/General+ZOD  napisał(-a)

This bug is new to illustrator 23 which was (if we're honest) a very modest update to the application's functionality.

EXACTLY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RafałW  schrieb

Any news?

Any news on what?

So for you Illustrator is slow when opening and saving files?

Is a printer connected? If not, connect one, set it up as default printer and turn it on.

Is it still slow?

In that case contact support immediately. They can log into your system to figure things out.

Today it's Friday and they are not available on the weekend.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see You can't help me.

Thank you.

(still working on illustrator 22.1 WITH PRINTER ALWAYS CONNECTED AND ON)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RafałW  schrieb

Ok, I see You can't help me.

Thank you.

(still working on illustrator 22.1 WITH PRINTER ALWAYS CONNECTED AND ON)

This is the forum. IT'S NOT A SUPPORT TICKETED SYSTEM.

I don't keep track of the answers I write here (or the people I write them to).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have already talked about it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, illustrator CC 2019 super sluggish. Just panning a simple file causes it to lag. What the hell adobe???
What are you doing!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I'm going back to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines