• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI CC 2019 - Color Settings keep resetting

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest Illustrator keeps resetting colour settings to "Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0". I can change it back to North American General Purpose 2 or whatever... but if I hide Illustrator and come back to it, it often resets back.

The window says my colour settings are Unsynchronized and that I can synchronize colour settings through Bridge. Done this. Still resets.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Illustrator and Bridge, preferences and all. Still resets.

This is maddening. How can I just keep it to stay on the one setting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

We have a fix available and you should not have this issue if you have the following version of these Creative Cloud applications

Please update to:

• Photoshop (20.0.1)
  • InDesign (14.0.1)
  • Bridge (9.0.1)

While it is not mandatory to upgrade Illustrator version from 23.0 to 23.0.1 we highly recommend that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update to the latest versions of Photoshop (22.4.0) and Illustrator (25.2.3) should work.

And after that reset your Color settings as you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of these versions are no longer available to install. Even when going to "Looking for older versions" - what now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How are you looking for the older versions? Are you trying to install from
scratch or from creative cloud? A week ago I downgraded for the same issue
and it was fine. From creative cloud you go into apps, each app has 3 dots
for more options and from there look for older versions.

Cheers,
--
Dear Sir/Madame,

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Vladimir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now happening in Illustrator 2021 its absolutley rubbish, paying the monthly fee for a programme that is slowing my work flow

SORT IT OUT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. It's only started happening today, and I think that was before the latest update. I can switch the colour settings manually away from 'Emulate Adobe Illustrator CS6' to Monitor settings or something else. OR I can switch to CPU mode and that solves the issue, but then I lack the benefits of GPU mode.

Colours are appearing duller than they should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, updated to the latest version of illustrator 25.2.1 and I'm getting ths resetting  to the "Emulating Adobe Illustrator 6.0" in the middle of my work. Very annoying and I regret updating cause I really need to work and it is impossible. Need a fix for this mess ASAP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue since yesterday after update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"user"/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/ACEConfigCache2.lst

Delete this file it worked for me. Bridge still doesnt sync with photoshop but you can set the colour profiles manually

Adobe need to sort out bride talking to photoshop i think thts where the problem is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Adobe Illustrator 25.2.1 and always keep my Creative Cloud apps up-to-date on my Mac. This exact issue has just started happening – guessing it's the latest version causing the problem. Bridge is also up-to-date.

Hoping someone has a solution. It's just as maddening as the original poster describes. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"user"/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/ACEConfigCache2.lst

Delete this file it worked for me.

Bridge still wont sync with photoshop but you can set that colour profile manually.

This stops the colours changing when you jump from photoshop to illustartor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, started happening since last thursday. App applications are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Product team is working on this issue. I'd request you to upvote on this UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illust...) & stay tuned for the updates.

Additionally, please try this workaround & let us know if it helps:

1. Lower Photoshop from 22.3 to 22.2.
2. Specify any color setting in Illustrator.

If you do the above
Even if you operate Photoshop while Illustrator is running, it will not emulate the settings by itself.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patience...looking at the forums this has been a recurring problem since 2018?

And to put you in the picture designers work fast, flipping between illustrator and photoshop.

It took me 4 hours to sort this out in the middle of a hard deadline. This affects my work flow and ability to deliver.

Adobe need to look at compensation for subscribers tied into monthly fees for shoddy goods. Stop upgrading if you havent tested the basics!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it was introduced in late 2018 and fixed shortly after. This is the first recurrance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need this sorted, is there any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue with InDesign, it keeps reverting back to Emulate (yuck). I have the latest version too. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, why does Emulate wash out the colors so badly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is an issue after updating to the latest version I just had to downgrade back to the before update version of Illustrator, photoshop and indesign so I can continue to work. Downgrade fixed the problem, and I'm not sure if I want to update in the nearest future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the issue happen to me in Illustrator. Can't get the correct colors back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I have a deadline and really need to get this sorted 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the CC app to downgrade to Photoshop 22.2.0

Then correct your Illustrator Color Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue reappeard in version 22.3 of Photoshop. I have downgraded Photoshop to 22.2.0 and all works fine again.

It’s a real bummer that such a thing happens in a company that takes money from us every month for using their software. I have spent 2 hours to figuring out that this is the same bug, that annoyed me over two years ago. Who pays me for that lost time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! It's BS to pay this much for software and have such an important and consequential setting break like this. Add this to the growing list of problems I have with Adobe's extremely dissapointing support. Been suffering regular crashes of InDesign on my MBP 16.1 for over a year now. Every attempt with support was automatically closed without resolution. Anyone ready to join some class-action lawsuits? I sure am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines