• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

align to artoboard

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to align a big number of objects to artwork to align horizontally and vertically evenly distributed. I know I could do them line by line, but I was hoping to reduce the number of clicks.

The program is kind of doing it but somehow it creates an error and the objects don't align perfectly with the artboard, as you can see in the screenshots below all the objects together look almost rotated.

PS I can not create a new grid, these are existing objects so I can't recreate them.

paoloe28840603_1-1614674491131.png

paoloe28840603_0-1614674400645.png

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Yes. For example:

• Turn on Smart Guides in the View menu.
  • Drag a vertical ruler guide until it snaps to the top-left anchor point of the top-left square.
  • Select all, take the Rotate tool, click on the top-left anchor point of the top-left square in order to set the reference point.
  • While the Rotate tool is still active, go to the bottom-left square, click on its bottom-left anchor point and drag the entire selection towards the vertical guide until it snaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may use the Rotate tool, assisted by a vertical or horizontal guide and/or smart guides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kurt, you mean to rotate all the squares together? to align it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. For example:

• Turn on Smart Guides in the View menu.
  • Drag a vertical ruler guide until it snaps to the top-left anchor point of the top-left square.
  • Select all, take the Rotate tool, click on the top-left anchor point of the top-left square in order to set the reference point.
  • While the Rotate tool is still active, go to the bottom-left square, click on its bottom-left anchor point and drag the entire selection towards the vertical guide until it snaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines