• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone else having an issue with Illustrator constantly crashing??

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems no matter what version I'm on, despite that every app is up to date, Illustrator keeps crashing! In my task manager, everytime this happens there is a dozen or more Adobe processes going on in the background. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue on the regular? 

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903

Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz processor

16GB ram

64-nit OS x64-based processor

Most up to date version of AI and CC

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am facing the same problem.

I am also using the latest AI version on Windows 10. Illustrator crashes/freezes when I try to create a new file. 

You can see my post here: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-v-24-0-2-crashing-repeatedly/m-p/10919059?pag... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My illustrator is constantly crashing as well. I have the latest CC version and a new Mac. It is also moving VERY slowly... havent had trouble creatinf a new file. HELP!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case your new Mac is an M1, please search the forum for threads on that topic. There are a few things you could try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michele,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1. Does this happen while working on a specific file?
  2. When exactly it crashes, at launch or while working on a file or while saving a file?
  3. Do you use any third party plugins?
  4. If this is happening on a specific file, where is that file saved, locally or on any network or shared drive?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines